Mainframe DB2 Systems Programmer
Location : Plano, TX
- DB2 System Programming
- z/OS SMPE
- DB2 DBA
- Upgrade Mainframe DB2 ( and related ISV Tools ) version for Data sharing and Non-data sharing subsystem environments
- Apply planned maintenance refreshes to supported DB2 ( and ISV Tools ) environments
- Install, support and customize licensed DB2 V12/11 ( and related ISV Tools ) software and related tools in Data Sharing and Non Data sharing environments
- Performing DB2 ( and related ISV Tools ) Disaster recovery, system database backups, restores, reorganizations, runstats etc.
- Proactively monitoring and maintaining production system databases.
- Work with REXX Scripts for mainframe and interaction with DB2 databases
- Provide timely resolution to DB2 ( and related ISV Tools ) software related problems, including 24/7 on Call support.
- Work with technical support teams to identify DB2 software/ISV Products related problems.
- Receive, apply and propagate software fixes across supported DB2 platforms, using SMP/E, etc.
- Perform daily system admin type tasks in support of the DB2 subsystem environments (e.g. DB2 ZPARM, GRANTS, etc.)
- Perform Performance Tuning and Monitoring and maintain & support the DB2 subsystems in a RACF/ACF2 etc environment
- Build new DB2 subsystem environments, or relocate existing DB2 subsystem environments upon request
- Work closely with Operations and Automations teams in defining operational procedures involving the DB2 subsystems
- Provide technical recommendations involving the DB2 environments and tools upon request.
- Driving the DB2 Project across planning, implementation, post implementation and client testing and closure
- Use REXX/CLIST for automation of BAU tasks/to customize the panel flow
- Manage DB2 System Performance in below areas
o z/OS performance options for Db2
o Managing I/O processing, response time, and throughput
o Configuring storage for performance
o Configuring subsystems for concurrency
o Optimizing subsystem parameters
o Improving Db2 log performance
o Managing DB2 threads
o Tuning parallel processing
o Improving the performance of stored procedures and user-defined functions
- Work on Controlling resource usage to be optimal
- Work on Improving concurrency
- Design databases for performance
- Programming applications for performance
- Maintain data organization and statistics
- Manage query access paths
- Monitoring and analyzing DB2 performance data
- Testing DB2 performance
- Enabling DB2 for IBM DB2 Analytics Accelerator for z/OS
- Excellent Communication
- Team Management Skills