SAIC is seeking individuals that can apply integrated technical judgment using the scientific method to research, architect, design, develop, test and deploy large, widely distributed hardware platforms that support complex, real-time, high-consequence ground station systems for the acquisition, processing and dissemination of remote sensing information. The successful candidate will work within a team environment to research the design and application of state-of-the-art computer systems, secure architectures and networks and will ultimately be responsible for applying solid engineering principles in the design, implementation and application of complex Linux system, virtualization technologies and wide area network. This role will be expected to maintain technical expertise in all areas of computing hardware to facilitate continuous platform operations and troubleshooting time-sensitive issues along with evaluating and reporting on new platform technologies and recommending viable and scalable solutions for incremental enhancements.
The position requires a high degree of teamwork. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical aptitude and desire to learn and share knowledge about Red Hat Enterprise Linux. The candidate will need to be an energetic, self-motivated individual who enjoys working in a collaborative team environment.
ABQS Qualifications Required Skills:
Desired Qualifications Desired Skills:
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of relevant experience or Master's degree and 3+ years of relevant experience; or 4 additional years of experience in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated expertise (greater than 5 years) in Linux systems administration, using Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 or later
- 5+ years of experience in hardware systems analysis to determine system requirements, define system design (integrating hardware and software requirements), develop system architectures, and assess functionality and performance of systems
- Demonstrated experience (greater than 5 years) in broad-based anomaly resolution within the context of a system-of-systems
- A minimum of 3 years of experience with Virtualization in an enterprise environment
- Must have a DOE L level security clearance to start
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DOE security clearance
- Red Hat Certification at the RHCE or RHCSA level
- Experience working with VMware, ESX/ESXi, and vSphere including vCenter and its associated feature sets, ESXi hosts upgrades, Virtual Center upgrades, and virtualized storage, and management
- Experience designing and developing vCenter Server appliance solutions to include backup and restore, high availability, fault tolerance, upgrades, migration and removal
- Architecture and implementation of large-scale, complex, geographically distributed systems
- Experience with software development and programming with higher level languages to include Python and shell scripting
- Experience with close coordination with R&D software development teams
My SAIC Benefits.