***If interested in the opportunity below please email a copy of your resume to Kfulton@apexsystems.com***Telecommunications/Implementation Engineer Ashburn, VA 2.5 Year Contract MUST HAVE SKILLS (Most Important):
- Three or more years of relevant work experience.
- Hands on experience and a full understanding of the following System Flows listed below to implement all projects/programs assigned nationally: SONET, ROADM, ULH, OTN Mesh, Next Generation ROADM Implementation or relative experience.
- Working knowledge in two or more of the following product platforms: Cisco NCS2015, NCS4016, Ciena OME6500 (T and S), NT5200, 5410/5430/Ciena Core Director, Tellabs 7100 ROADM, Fujitsu FW4100ES, 4500, and 9500 ROADM systems, classic Amplifier systems (Pirelli, Siemens and Ciena), classic DWDM systems (Nortel OC192 MOR).
- Working knowledge of Ciena Site Manager/Node Manager/OneControl, and/or Cisco CTC, as well as any one or more of the following: Fujitsu Netsmart, Coriant/Siemens, putty or equivalent terminal emulation program, COA Global, Avaya.
- Hands-on provisioning experience of the Ciena 6500 and/or Cisco 2K/4K
- Extensive Transport Network experience, such as prior lab experience.
- Bachelors degree or four or more years of relevant work experience.
- Working knowledge of systems such as UUI/CoFEE, ICON, CCP, VPNS, ACTP, and Venue.
- Partner with Engineering and Operations to provision and test the UT/iEN/5G networks throughout the country.
- Provide field Technicians with Remote Configuration and Test support for all US Domestic growth and revenue projects, such as Card adds and Circuit adds.
- Support "in-service" network system reconfigurations, supporting on site field techs with high level switching and real time review of all system activity being performed during Maintenance Events.
- Submit Engineering Support recommendations as to maintain real-time documentation of network systems infrastructure, cross connects and circuit audit corrections.
- Work in the following engineering systems on a daily basis: UUI/CoFEE, ICON, CCP, VPNS, ACTP, and Venue.
- A Bachelors degree in engineering, computer science, etc. is desired
- Shift: 8-5 / M-F in your time zone with occasional maintenance window support.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com