The Lead Windows Administrator is responsible for supporting hardware and software, maintaining and improving network infrastructure (including both business and manufacturing systems), and project management/implementation. This is a hands-on technical role, supporting 24x7 manufacturing operations. This position will work closely with Corporate IT to develop and implement a strategy to address today's needs, as well as the expanding list of IT requirements to support company growth.
location: MONROE, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $80,000 - 90,000 per year
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Acts as primary IT point of contact for plant leadership.
- Supervises, provides direction, and manages workload of plant IT team members.
- Proactively monitors the status of networks, systems, and procedures, working with team members to develop and implement long term improvements.
- Provides management reports/metrics to monitor and track progress on issues and projects.
- Hands-on technical role, performing IT system administration tasks (such as desktop and mobile device support, system maintenance, troubleshooting, etc.).
- Provides "second level" technical support with experienced conceptual base.
- Works closely with Corporate IT to:
- Maintain and improve physical hardware located at plant site
- Improve network infrastructure and external connectivity
- Ensure technical and operational security controls are incorporated into new and existing systems and applications
- Acts as a liaison between plants and Corporate IT for SAP and network initiatives.
- Works with business stakeholders to ensure project delivery expectations are communicated and met and to drive adoption.
- Ensures plant networks, systems, processes, and procedures are clearly documented.
- Participates in ongoing maintenance, testing, and governance of business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
- Motivates and mentors team members in their roles.
- Actively engages with plant IT team on development plans and objectives.
- Maintains awareness of the relevance and importance of activities and how each contributes to achieving quality objectives. Understands the importance of ensuring customer quality standards are met.
- This position is part of a team that supports a 24x7 manufacturing operation and off-shift availability is required.
- Prompt and regular attendance as scheduled.
- Works safely and without injury.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- Job Specific Skill (Computer & Technology) - Adept at learning and applying new and emerging technologies, with knowledge of current network and security technology trends, vendors, and products.
- Job Specific Skill (Computer & Technology) - IT skills:
- Must have solid understanding of Ethernet, specifically TCP/IP, based networks
- Must have experience with the installation and configuration on various network devices and services
- Experience working with SQL and relational databases
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows system administration and Active Directory
- Experience with POTS and VoIP technologies
- Working knowledge of OPC for data exchange
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Microsoft Windows
- Active Directory
- VoIP technologies
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.