King of Prussia, PA Description:
Please email qualified resume to
IT System Engineer focuses on daily server administration, performance management, optimization, and system management, including, but not limited to technical configuration, setup, installation services, and coordination of projects and ongoing administration.
• Planning, installing, documenting, and supporting the server application infrastructure
• Identify areas for improvement, problem identification, and resolution
• Responsible for overall system performance, capacity planning, application availability and business continuance
• Responsible for the implementation of baseline changes and respond to change requests
• Perform technical evaluations, analysis, and troubleshooting for all supported servers
• Build servers by providing technical configuration, setup, installation services, hardware and coordination of application projects
• Operate and maintain servers
• Complete required trainings and mandatory training hours.
• Travel within a geographically defined area to client facilities
• Lift boxes or equipment more than 50 pounds
• Management multiple assignments and adjust priorities as necessary Supervisory Responsibilities
• May have one or more junior individuals reporting to this role Required Qualifications: Education, Licensure, & Experience
4-year college or technical degree preferred. 10+ years of systems, data center and remote office infrastructure experience with a proven track record of excellent customer service skills. In lieu of formal degree, certifications and previous work experience will be considered. Required Qualifications: Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Customer Service
o Understands company priorities and objectives and takes an active role in accomplishing these objectives
o Provides periodic after-hours, on-call, support and responds to system failures
o Creates detailed documentation, including knowledge tips on the use of, or trouble-shooting or, IT software and systems
o Keeps peers and leadership informed of significant problems, unexpected delays, and changes to the environment
o Keeps leadership informed of progress on problems and work assignments
o Ensures appropriate management is informed of problems or issues that are impacting groups of users
o Coaches and mentors team members
• Systems and Services Support
o Serves as a technical resource for all server-based applications, including, but not limited to: Cisco system administration, Domain Controllers, Active Directory, SSO, Network Policy Server and Certificate Authority.
o Ensure IT systems interconnect seamlessly with associated systems, file servers, and communications infrastructure
o Develops and maintains processes, procedures, and plans to ensure software systems availability and recover as defined by business and application requirements
o Ensures systems are configured and distributed correctly to meet stability and performance objectives
o Supports and maintains backups and replication services for all services including, but not limited servers, virtual machines, 3rd party/cloud-based applications (i.e. email, etc.)
o Experienced with a wide range of infrastructure technologies, such as but not limited to cloud computing, cloud services (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, etc.), virtualization, storage platforms, compute infrastructure, networking, and enterprise Microsoft technologies.
• Problem Analysis, Resolution, and Prevention
o Manages the day-to-day operations of the systems server environment by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance, and repair. Applies revisions to host system software and updates as appropriate.
o Performs troubleshooting as required. Leads problem-solving efforts often involving outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations. Serves as escalation resource to analyze and resolve support issues.
o Ensures high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical application services
o Develops procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use and user abuse
o Develops procedures, programs, and documentation for backup and restoration of systems
• Project Management and Execution
o Must be able to complete assigned tasks on time and within budget, or have the foresight and experience to rectify unrealistic deadlines or tasks
o Develops new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts, and testing procedures to insure operational reliability
o Creates and maintains up to date and relevant documentation on all existing and new systems and configurations
o Works with team members, equipment vendors, and consultants to install, repair, or reconfigure enterprise servers
o Participates actively in procurement activities
• Training and Other
o Develops sound understanding of IT operations and related applications and IT systems, as well as business related processes and procedures
o Stays current with technological developments in systems administration technology and recommends ways to take advantage of new technology
o Coaches and mentors team members Contact:
This job and many more are available through The Judge Group. Find us on the web at www.judge.com