Under limited supervision, assists in the planning, forecasting, implementation, and identification of resource requirements for network systems within the 11 different DOCSIS regions across Charter Communications. Follows corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement. Responsible for implementation of approved network architecture and designs. Assists in staff development efforts. Assist with automation and scripting in Python, PERL, PHP or other scripting languages.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
BASIC / MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Participates in DOCSIS planning/deployment operations, network architecture design and engineering.
- Integrates communication architectures, topologies, hardware, software, transmission and signaling links and protocols into complete network configurations.
- Evaluates new products, performs network problem resolution.
- Assists in the development and documentation of technical standards.
- Implements approved DOCSIS methods of procedure and Implements and assists in designing corporate standards, develops and implements network enhancements and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Works on projects/systems/issues of varying complexity surrounding network planning, configuration and optimization.
- Provides tier support across organizations.
- Works on one or more projects as a project team member, regularly as a project team lead.
- Coaches less experienced staff.
- Adheres to industry specific local, state, and federal regulations, as applicable.
- Performs other duties as requested by supervisor.
ADDITIONAL JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum three (3) years network engineering experience
- Minimum two (2) years Data network experience
- Minimum one (1) year DOCSIS experience
- Must be able to work the following schedule: Sunday thru Thursday, 8:00PM to 5:00AM
- Industry and vendor specific certifications and training (Arris, Casa, Cisco, Juniper, Alcatel-Lucent, etc.
- Ability to use personal computer and software applications, and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Comfortable working in a team environment, as well as being able to perform duties in a very fast pace environment and ability to learn new technology quickly
- Intermediate knowledge of related industry specifications and standards IEEE, ANSI, Physical Media (Multimode Fiber, Single mode Fiber, UTP, etc.), bridging, switching, routing, Ethernet, SNMP, DOCSIS (2.0 and higher), RF transmission, and transport technologies and protocols
- Intermediate Knowledge in network design, network architecture, protocols and network topology (OSPF, BGP, IS-IS, SNMP, and RIP)
- Intermediate Knowledge in TCP/IP and the OSI Model, using ticketing and software tools to support the current operations
- Experience of basic network devices and basic network appliances (Arris/Cisco/Casa - CMTS), and of network designing software, such as Visio
- Knowledge of MBO cable systems and provisioning, including DOCSIS technology (3.0)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP or CCIP)
- Comprehension of MySQL, Perl, PHP, BASH and LAMP
- WORKING CONDITIONS
- Office Environment
ENE309-NTO 293539 293539BR
Here, employees don't just have jobs, they build careers. That's why we believe in offering a comprehensive pay and benefits
package that rewards employees for their contributions to our success, supports all aspects of their well-being, and delivers real value at every stage of life.
The pay for this position has a minimum of $83,000
. The actual salary offer may be higher as we carefully consider a wide range of factors, including your skills, qualifications, experience and location. Also, certain positions are eligible for additional forms of compensation such as bonuses.