Utilizes technical skills to design, deploy and support best in class software development processes and tools. Takes responsibility in the delivery of software ensuring minimal impact to customers. Adept with agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles. Consideration of data security as a component of all development work. Able to communicate with all parties involved in the product team (engineers, product owner, scrum master, third party vendors, end users, etc.). Good understanding of algorithms and data structures. Strong problem solving and analytical skills. Typically requires a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 2-3 years of relevant experience.
Be a part of transformational change where integrity matters, success inspires and great teams collaborate and innovate. As the fifth-largest bank in the United States, we're one of the country's most respected, innovative, ethical and successful financial institutions. We're looking for people who want more than just a job - they want to make a difference! U.S. Bank is seeking a Software Engineer who will contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives in our digital transformation journey. This position will be responsible for the analysis, design, testing, development and maintenance of best in class software experiences. The candidate is a self-motivated individual who can collaborate with a team and across the organization. The candidate takes responsibility of the software artifacts produced adhering to U.S. Bank standards in order to ensure minimal impact to the customer experience. The candidate will be adept with the agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles.
- Responsible for designing, developing, testing, operating and maintaining products.
- Takes full stack ownership by consistently writing production-ready and testable code.
- Consistently creates optimal design adhering to architectural best practices; considers scalability, reliability and performance of systems/contexts affected when defining technical designs.
- Makes sound design/coding decisions keeping customer experience in the forefront.
- Takes feedback from code review and apply changes to meet standards. Conducts code reviews to provide guidance on engineering best practices and compliance with development procedures.
- Accountable for ensuring all aspects of product development follow compliance and security best practices.
- Exhibits relentless focus in software reliability engineering standards embedded into development standards.
- Embraces emerging technology opportunities and contributes to the best practices in support of the bank's technology transformation.
- Contributes to a culture of innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement.
- Reviews tasks critically and ensures they are appropriately prioritized and sized for incremental delivery. Anticipates and communicates blockers and delays before they require escalation.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- Two to three years of relevant experience
- Full Stack Developer w/ Java, Angular, Spring Boot, MySQL, API integrations
- Intermediate understanding of a feature, the users impacted, the flows impacted and feature's purpose
- Intermediate understanding of algorithms and data structures
- Adept with agile software development lifecycle and DevOps principles
- Able to communicate processes and results with all parties involved in the product team, including engineers, product owner, scrum master, third party vendors and customers
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Welcome! We’re glad you’re considering a career with us.
We’re proud to be one of the most admired, reputable and best performing banks in the United States.
We earned those accolades because we’re committed to our customers, communities and colleagues. We know that by working together and doing what’s right, we achieve consistent, predictable results. We wake up every day, excited to make a difference in the lives of people we haven’t met. We’re inspired to innovate and encouraged to find better ways of working, allowing us to put our customers first and reduce risk. Above all, we’re humbled to play a role in making the dreams of our customers, communities, coworkers and shareholders come to life.
U.S. Bancorp, with more than 70,000 employees and $543 billion in assets as of March 31, 2020, is the parent company of U.S. Bank National Association, the fifth-largest commercial bank in the United States. Based in Minneapolis, we blend our relationship teams, branches and ATM network with mobile and online tools to allow customers to bank how, when and where they prefer. We’re committed to serving our millions of retail, business, wealth management, payments, commercial and corporate, and investment services customers across the country and around the world as their trusted financial partner; a commitment recognized by the Ethisphere Institute naming U.S. Bank one of the 2021 World’s Most Ethical Companies.
Create leading-edge digital products and grow your career.
As part of our drive to build amazing experiences for our customers, we’re expanding our digital and technology teams. Join us and help create the high-impact financial products that millions of people use every day in some of the most meaningful ways.
U.S. Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors.