Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission is to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
Exciting new opportunity to assume responsibility for supporting business and IT to implement technology solutions in a cost-effective way, and to facilitate communication with stakeholders, and partners. Key responsibility is to analyze business operations to align technology solutions with business initiatives.WHAT YOU WILL DO
Partners with business leaders to align IT initiatives with business strategy.
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- Works with business stakeholders and IT to define and deliver on the strategic vision and technology platforms that define people, processes, tools, and technology for corporate business functions, such as procurement, legal, marketing, human resources, facilities. Becomes the trusted advisor for business stakeholders.
- Supports projects facilitating communication between business stakeholders and IT to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Partners with business and 3 rd parties to elicit, analyze, and document business requirements and translates them into technical requirements. Leads design sessions and prototypes new solutions.
- Analyzes reports, reviews documents and specifications, tests application logic and process flows.
- Provides business process and technical expertise to IT staff for the implementation of enhancements and maintenance for installed systems. Documents user manuals to describe application installation and operating procedures.
- Works to continually enhance business processes, operations, and information process flows. Identifies inefficient processes and procedures. Finds ways to improve workflows and the cost-effective utilization of insurance systems.
- Performs cost-benefit and ROI analyses, estimates TCO for the software lifecycle of proposed new solutions to aid teams in making implementation decisions.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; Information Technology, Engineering, Business, or related degree preferred.
- Advanced Degree preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of relevant technical or business work experience.
- Out of which a minimum of 6 years of directly related experience in a senior business analysis role.
PMI-PBA, PMI-PMP and CSM preferred.KNOWELDGE AND SKILLS
- Strong analytical skills: ability to create compelling business cases; ability to quickly understand and model highly complex business processes. Ability to coordinate and organize input from various stakeholders, to negotiate priorities, to resolve conflicts, and to build consensus.
- Ability to translate user needs into specifications, user stories, flowcharts, or UML diagrams. Demonstrated experience in writing software requirements and test specifications.
- Demonstrated experience mentoring and guiding less experienced team members.
- Ability to strive in a fast-paced environment with ambiguous and at times conflicting requirements or priorities.
- In depth understanding of the waterfall (milestones, phases) and scrum (ceremonies, sprints) SDLC methodologies.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Visio, MS Project, Jira, Confluence, SmartSheet, SharePoint, ServiceNow.
- Strong understanding of system risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards.
- Strong working knowledge of API standards for integration between applications.
- Must have experience implementing SaaS solutions. Experience with cloud environments such as AWS or Azure is a plus.