Data Engineering Developer
CGI is seeking a Data Engineer and Developer to develop a robust and scalable set of data processing tools/platforms in Azure, later GCP and AWS (multicloud).
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Collaborate with management to understand company objectives
• Ensure compliance with data governance and security policies
• Translate requirements specifications to build corresponding solutions
• Acquire data feeds, clean and curate datasets that align with business needs
• Develop algorithms to transform data into useful, actionable information
• Build, test, and maintain database pipeline architectures, reports
• Create new data validation methods and data analysis tools
• Coding: proficiency in coding languages is essential to this role: SQL, NoSQL, Python
• Cloud computing. you'll must understand cloud storage, cloud computing (IaaS, PaaS, SaaS), security groups, Azure AD, key vaults
• Data security: securely managing and storing data to protect it from loss or theft
• Automation and scripting: you must be able to minimally write versioned python scripts to automate repetitive tasks and champion infrastructure as code (i.e., with Azure DevOps, Azure CLI, Pulumi).
• Data storage and Big data tools: you must know when to use a data lake versus a data warehouse and what it takes to manage them
• Relational and non-relational databases: you must be familiar with both relational and non-relational databases, and how they work
• ETL (extract, transform, and load) systems: you'll move data from databases and other sources into our data warehouse.
• You'll champion data-quality and data-validation techniques.
• Machine learning: while machine learning is more the concern of data scientists, it can be helpful to have a grasp of the basic concepts to better understand the needs of data scientists
• Project and Product management
• Manage, monitor, maintain information products and services prioritized by our value streams
• Structure and deliver projects specific to data and analytics utilizing an Agile framework
• Lead the data and analytic workstreams of other projects within the IT department, design and instrument digital map/graph of: stakeholders, information-products, data-catalog, data-lineage, data-pipelines, SLAs ...
• Data architecture
• Design data and analytic solutions for accelerating the achievement of business objectives
• Extend the capabilities of our existing data solutions to accommodate new use cases
• Work collaboratively with global colleagues on future state data and analytic architectures that harmonize data across the Servier Group
• Data and application development
• Integrate data from multiple internal and external sources, build data pipelines for delivering accelerated business insights, and automate routine business processes and data related tasks
• Leverage data and application development skills to build bespoke solutions utilizing both BPA solutions and web platforms
• Data operations
• Maintain our data ecosystem in an optimal operational state through proactive curation and automation of routine tasks
• Ensure the security and privacy of Servier Pharmaceuticals' data
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Must have exemplary interpersonal skills, with a track record of building productive relationships with colleagues
• Brings a point of view that balances data-quality and quality of service informed by prior experience
• Must have extensive, hands on experience with designing, building, and maintaining cloud database management systems on Microsoft Azure, and at least one BI type tool (i.e., PowerBI, QuickBase, or Tableau)
• Prior experience with a variety of data management architectures including data warehouses, data lakes, data hubs and the corresponding processes of data integration, governance, metadata management
• Strong ability to design, build, and manage seamless data pipelines for data structures encompassing data transformation, data models, schemas, metadata and workload management
• Strong experience with SQL, PL/SQL and one or more popular database programming languages such as Mongo QL, Jira QL, GSQL, etc.
• Experience designing and building data and analytics solutions in hybrid cloud environments
• Experience in SDLC
• EDI experience
• Strong experience in working with large, heterogeneous datasets to build and optimize data pipelines, pipeline architectures and integrated datasets using traditional data integration technologies. These should include ETL/ELT, data replication/CDC, message oriented data movement, OpenAPI API design and access and upcoming data ingestion and integration technologies such as stream data integration, CEP and data virtualization
• Strong experience in working with both open-source and commercial message queuing technologies such as Azure Service Bus and others
Est. Salary Range (Colorado Only): $120,000-$145,000*
*Disclaimer: In accordance with Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, effective January 1, 2021, a good faith hourly or base salary range must be posted for all positions where the work may be performed in the state of Colorado. Therefore, this good faith salary range will only apply where this described position will be performed in the state, and should not be considered the compensation range in other locations or for other positions.
At CGI we call our professionals "members" to reinforce that all who join our team are, as owners, empowered to participate in the challenges and rewards that come from building a world-class company. CGI's benefits include:
• Competitive base salaries
• Eligibility to participate in an attractive Share Purchase Plan (SPP) in which the company matches dollar-for-dollar contributions made by eligible employees, up to a maximum, for their job category
• 401(k) Plan and Profit Participation for eligible members
• Generous holidays, vacation, and sick leave plans
• Comprehensive insurance plans that include, among other benefits, medical, dental, vision, life, disability, out-of-county emergency coverage in all countries of employment;
• Back-up child care, Pet insurance, a Member Assistance Program, a 529 college savings program, a personal financial management tool, lifestyle management programs and moreBuild your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients' digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com .
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, pregnancy, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com . You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held. CGI will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrests and conviction records in accordance with all local regulations and ordinances.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI's legal duty to furnish information.Skills