The upstream process development intern will be responsible for performing experiments to support the development of cell culture processes for the manufacture of AAV vectors.
The Co-op will utilize cell culture techniques and work with small-scale bioreactors. These activities will support the production of pre-clinical and clinical material.
- Aseptic suspension cell culture and bioreactor operations
- Characterize cell growth and metabolism profile
- Assist with the media prep and bioreactors setup
- Collect and analyze data to draw conclusions and recommend future experiments
- Summarize all findings in technical reports.
- Must be a current student pursing a bachelor's degree (rising senior or graduating senior) or enrolled in a MS or PhD program, in biochemistry, chemical engineering, or biomedical engineering. •
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.