About the Job
Duration: Long-Term Renewable Contract
Location: Hilliard, OH
Pay rate: Hourly
Job ID: 4304
DataSoft Technologies is seeking a Software Engineer to join our client in Hilliard, OH. The Sr. Software Engineer is responsible for system analysis, design, development and testing for their assigned technical product(s) or application(s), within the context of an agile/DevOps delivery model. In addition, they will extend their DevOps responsibilities to take on Operations topics and may also fill the Agile delivery roles of Business Analyst and Scrum Master.
- Perform technical analysis of new and existing systems
- Triage and analyze tickets
- Develop design documentation and other relevant collateral
- Coding and configuration
- Code reviews and peer consultations
- Unit testing and unit test development
- System, integration and user acceptance test planning, execution and testing support
- Defect management and resolution Operations and Support: Fulfill the breadth of DevOps tasks, including: Steering providers in the execution of tier 2 support tasks
- Planning and executing upgrades and replacements to ensure that hardware and software components remain supported
- Building a strong understanding of the assigned business processes, functions, roles and rules
- Owning the functional solution the big picture story of the initiative being delivered
- Collaborating with the Business to elicit requirements, define acceptance criteria, and maintain a prioritized product backlog
- Creating user stories to the level of granularity required by the team
- Clarifying inconsistencies and resolving issues to bridge the gap between user expectations and the delivered product
- Leading the Agile team in the adoption and execution of Agile processes
- Planning and facilitating key Agile events including daily scrum, sprint planning, sprint demo and retrospective meetings
- Collaborating with the Product Owner to manage the Product backlog
- Executing resource planning and time tracking processes Impact on innovations and changes (What is the expected extent of change of a function in terms of processes, systems, etc.?)
- Balancing speed to market, product quality and cost in the design and implementation of technical solutions.
- Developing technical solutions that appropriately account for both evolving technology and future business requirements.
- Executing in an evolving agile environment Purpose and subject of the interaction/communication with internal/external interfaces, negotiating mandate (e.g. What is communicated to whom?)
- Close collaboration with IT colleagues and the Business in the design and implementation of technical solutions.
- Performance of activities and interactions with our internal and external customers through verbal or written communication should reflect adherence to the company's core values.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5 - 10 years IT experience
- 3 - 5 years application development in a Microsoft environment Preferences
- 1 - 2 years Financial Services industry Additional skills: special skills / technical ability etc.
- Strong knowledge of common concepts, architectures and processes in software development.
- Well-versed in dealing with common IT technologies (e.g. Java, .Net, C#, Web, databases, Siebel, or SAP)
- Familiarity with financial services lease and loan applications.
- Experience in a multi-location, international environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to sell complex topics with members of management at all levels.
- Consumer Finance
About our Company
DataSoft Technologies is a highly recognized provider of professional IT Consulting services in the US. Founded in 1994, DataSoft Technologies, Inc. provides staff augmentation services for Information Technology and Automotive Services. Our team member benefits include:
- Paid Holidays/Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Medical/Dental InsuranceGroup
- Accident/Critical Illness Insurance
- Life Insurance
- 401 (K)