EVAPCO is a rapidly growing employee owned company and the Software Development Team here at EVAPCO headquarters in Taneytown supports all 22 locations spanning 10 different countries. EVAPCO’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how thousands of users across the globe select, specify, quote, order and manage EVAPCO equipment. Our software needs to show that EVAPCO is a technology leader and make it easy for our sales representatives and customers to specify and order and maintain our equipment.
We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, data storage, security, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to EVAPCO’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to tackle new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
• Works closely with Product Development Engineers to develop algorithms and implement into product selection software.
• Write server-side code for web-based applications, client-side code for thick-client / server-client applications, create robust high-volume production applications, and develop prototypes quickly.
• Build our platforms / systems using your strong background in distributed systems
• Specialize in UI development with AJAX and similar technologies, client application development, embedded systems and mobile apps, developer tools (Visual Studio, TFS, SQL Server, Hyper-V), internationalization.
• BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience.
• 5+ years of experience with C# or Java
• 5+ years of experience with ASP.NET / MVC or WPF
• 5+ years of experience with SQL Server, TSQL, Linq
• WCF, Web API
• Entity Framework, Unity, Prism, MVVM, SignalR
• SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
• SQL Server BI, data warehousing
• SharePoint 2013
• Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed.