Description Job Description:
We have been awarded the Navy Service Management, Integration and Transport (SMIT) program, formerly referred to as NGEN, and we are seeking a talented IT Specialist, Mid to join the Leidos team.
This is an eight-year, $7.7 billion contract that is responsible for maintaining and modernizing the main global network of the Navy and Marine Corps. If you join our team, you will be part of the largest IT services program in Naval history.
As a member of the Leidos team, you will assist in the delivery of the core backbone of the Navy-Marine Corps Intranet, including cybersecurity services, network operations, service desk, and data transport. Ultimately, Leidos will support the Navy in unifying its shore-based networks and data management to improve capability and service while also saving significant dollars by focusing efforts under one enterprise network.
What will you do as an IT Specialist, Mid?
The qualified candidate will assist information engineers in coding, testing, implementation, and documentation projects. The IT Specialist will also conceptualize, design, construct, test, and implement portions of business and technical Information Technology (IT) solutions through application of appropriate software development life cycle methodology. Other duties and responsibilities include:
- Applies metrics to monitor ticket performance and measures key project criteria
- Performs data analysis on tickets to identify outliers
- Reviews tickets to identify process problems in delivering or restoring IT services
- Must understand the processes and technical details to fulfill a wide range of IT requests
- Analyzes, identifies and resolves business and or technical problems for poor quality tickets and services
- Routes tickets from Triage to queues for action
- Reviews Change Requests for technical feasibility by conceptualizing IT solutions
- Coordinate and collaborate with others in analyzing collected requirements to ensure plans and identified solutions meet customer needs
- Applies metrics to monitor performance and measure key project criteria
- Understands scope, plans, and deliverables for assigned change requests
- Assists information engineers with documenting changes
- Determines 1st, 2nd, and Nth level impacts on users for changes
- Tracks and reports change request when Change Manager is not available
- Participate in special studies and stay current on emerging tools, techniques, and technologies to understand how changes impact the technology environment
- High school Diploma or General Equivalency Diploma (GED) and 4 Years of Experience
- Active DOD Secret clearance
- Information Assurance Technician (IAT) Level II certification
- Must possess an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) network support certification and an Operating System (OS)/Application certification.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Routing and Switching (CCNA Routing and Switching)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
- Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification