Principal Data Scientist, Industry 4.0
Stanley Black & Decker is looking for an experienced Principal Data Scientist to join their Advanced Manufacturing Center of Excellence team. Since 1843, Stanley Black and Decker has been committed to innovation and social responsibility, while becoming a leader in multiple industries. In this position, one can expect to be a thought leader and drive significant impact in our factories by leading, driving and deploying high value advanced analytics use cases for achieving a force multiplier in manufacturing operational performance.
Stanley Black & Decker has created this state of the art manufacturing incubator to accelerate its global Industry 4.0 "smart factory" initiative across the entire organization. The CoE will serve as a hub for the latest advancements in IoT, cloud computing, artificial intelligence, 3-D printing, robotics and advanced materials. This team will set the overall vision and strategy for the company's Industry 4.0 initiative and supply the resources and expertise necessary to serve as the epicenter for the latest technologies and processes with respect to Industry 4.0.To learn more about Industry 4.0 and Stanley Black and Decker's vision, visit:http://ir.stanleyblackanddecker.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=114416&p=irol-newsArticle&cat=news&id=2321207Responsibilities, Competencies and Experience
- Work with cross functional teams to identify, design, build and deploy advanced analytics applications to manufacturing use cases that drive sizable and scalable impact.
- Provide passionate thought leadership regarding opportunities and roadmap for manufacturing analytics within the company.
- Provide leadership and direction to a team of data scientists, data engineers and manufacturing engineers to accelerate the time between concept and value capture.
- Develop, contribute to and manage the governance of AI and analytics models in our deployed solutions
- Willingness to be "hands-on" and work with the teams to create applications for leveraging big data to discover patterns and solve strategic & tactical business problems using massive structured and unstructured data sets across multiple environments.
- Ability to demonstrate value in short duration operating within an agile/scrum environment and multi-disciplined teams.
- Strategic thinker who understands and develops our roadmap and vision for lean-led, tech-enabled and data driven Industry 4.0 strategy.
- Developing analytic capabilities (e.g. models and processes) that drive better outcomes for both customers and the company
- Driving the collection, cleansing, processing, and analysis of new and existing data sources.
- Building, testing, and deploying predictive models and/or machine learning algorithms on large static and/or streaming data sets
- Reporting findings by creating useful and appropriate data outputs and visualizations tailored for the intended audiences
- Learning & staying current on data science developments, news, opportunities, and challenges
- Generating innovative ideas, establish new research directions, shape and execute the information strategy in support of technical projects and new product developments
- Working with and supporting other team members, management, and partners
Required experience and skill include:
- Advanced degree (MS/PhD) in a relevant technical field (e.g., Computer Science, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Econometrics) with 10+ years' experience in related data science, analytics, and model building roles.
- 3+ years' experience working in manufacturing environments with data science having delivered measurable and recognized impact on operations' profitability.
- Experience working with large complex data sets, real time/near real time analytics, and distributed big data platforms (Hadoop & MapReduce and/or Cassandra/Spark)
- Strong practical knowledge of analytical techniques and methodologies such as machine learning/supervised and unsupervised techniques, segmentation, video analytics, mix and time series modeling, response modeling, lift modeling, experimental design, neural networks, data mining and optimization techniques
- Strong knowledge of analysis tools such as Python, R, MATLAB, Spark or SAS, R/Spark on Hadoop or Cassandra.
- Strong background in applying statistical machine learning techniques to predictive modeling and experience with Machine Learning libraries (via R, H2O, Python, Spark, etc.)
- Proficiency in consuming REST based API (with JSON payload) is a plus.
- Proficiency in overall enterprise architecture design for data analytics platforms is a plus
- Fluency in big data platforms including Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive,Spark, PIG
- Familiarity with Cloud based HaaS/PaaS solutions such as MS Azure, AWS EMR.
- A strong understanding of data profiling and data cleansing techniques
- Natural curiosity and a strong passion for empirical research and problem solving
- Strong written and verbal communications skills; comfortable communicating with senior levels of both business and technology leadership
- Statistical Analysis & Modeling
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Enterprise Cloud Architecture
- Understanding Business Problems
- Data Wrangling & Exploration
- Problem Solving Mindset
- Clear Communication
- Technical Fluency
For the builders and protectors, for the makers and explorers, for those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration. Since 1843, Stanley Black & Decker has provided the tools and innovative solutions to propel people to their goals. They collaborate with one goal in mind: empower people to do better, safer, more significant work. They define success as: delivering value to their customers, colleagues and communities. Their commitment to quality, safety and sustainability keeps them focused on their path to becoming the type of uniquely human-centered global industrial company that keeps every stakeholder in mind, while being "For Those Who Make The World".
Stanley Black & Decker, an S&P 500 and FORTUNE 500 company, is the world's leading provider of tools and storage, the world's second-largest commercial electronic security company, and a leading engineered fastening systems provider, with unique growth platforms in the Oil & Gas and Infrastructure industries. With industry elite partners such as DEWALT, Porter-Cable, Craftsman, Bostitch, Lenox, and more: Stanley Black & Decker provides to the tools to build the world.Learn more about Stanley Black & Decker athttp://www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.#LI-LA1