SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc.,
it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.Director, Innovation Implementation & Execution
As Director, Innovation Implementation & Execution, you'll report to the Staff VP Innovation Implementation & Execution and help shape the team's portfolio and direction by owning the development, implementation, and scaling of solutions and services that transform healthcare.
You will own key programs and partner closely across Anthem to build and/or implement technology-enabled solutions to complex business needs and healthcare challenges. You will work cross functionally across Innovation to develop solution concepts, refine MVPs, and ultimately guide the most promising candidates through deployment at scale.
This is an execution focused role for someone is skilled in driving implementation, building consensus, managing priorities, projects, and stakeholders to deliver solutions on time and budget. Key to your success will be grit, the ability to navigate the complexities of a large organization, and a relentless drive to see solutions scale across the enterprise. You will be looked to as a trusted partner and problem solver, determinedly helping all stakeholders overcome obstacles and guiding solutions forward. This position is an individual contributor with no direct reports. Responsibilities:
Skills needed to thrive in this role:
- Own implementation and partner to scale high value, technology-enabled solutions and services from MVP through deployment at scale
- Ability to drive one or more solutions from concept through to scaling with minimal oversight.
- Develop solution strategy and roadmaps. Adept at managing timelines, presenting and communicating progress to executive teams.
- Establish and maintain collaborative relationships to drive results.
- Prioritize and execute multiple major projects/programs with broad scope and strategic business impact.
- Work collaboratively across a matrixed, cross-functional structure, and collaborate with a high-performance team.
- Track outcomes and manage activities and program performance in accordance with budget and strategic direction.
- Relentless focus on execution. Strong record of delivering impactful solutions from seed to scale that deliver on the intended value proposition
- Strong ability to employ a hypothesis-driven approach to tackle complex problems
- Strategic mindset and the ability to see and act within the bigger picture while connecting dots and finding opportunities for collaboration
- Skillful at building consensus and making thoughtful, data-driven recommendations for project / program prioritization, solution design, issue management, risk identification and mitigation
- Excellent business judgment and a practical, common-sense approach to getting things done
- Masterful cross-functional communication to ensure all technical and non-technical stakeholders can collaborate effectively and stay engaged throughout the lifecycle of a project
- A "radar" for identifying when you or a struggling project needs additional guidance from leadership and being able to escalate it appropriately.
- Ability to insightfully examine the status quo, analyze opportunities for improvement, creatively generate solutions, and demonstrate the grit to realize the change
- Ability to effectively collaborate and win the respect of your peers and stakeholders.
- Requires a Bachelors degree in computer science or related field, 15 years experience in information technology, healthcare, consulting, and/or consumer technologies, similar roles or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- 4 + years of experience in driving project and program execution, strategy, product management.
- Masters Degree preferred
- Demonstrated results with progressively increasing responsibilities and proven ability to manage multiple tasks, projects, and work with a geographically distributed team.
- Consulting background (Bain, McKinsey, BCG) and/or MBA highly preferred.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few. Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and has been named a 2019 Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.