Entry Level Linux Administrator, Chandler, AZ
Kelly Services is currently seeking an Entry Level Linux Admin with Automation focus working in Chandler, AZ.
This is an open ended contract that includes full benefits. Pay is $34-$38/hr. Responsibilities
- Work independently to ensure the reliability, availability, and security of the solution by proactively monitoring the system, troubleshooting, and resolving issues to ensure high availability and continuity of operations.
- Maintain configuration management and baseline control of development, test, pre-production, and production environments.
- Conduct regular security scans, analyze results, and implement resolutions including testing of new hardware and software and ensure compliance with Client Security Standards
- Operate and maintain the solution, including patching of operating systems and hardware.
- Perform and test regular backups.
- Monitor and tune system and OS performance, including SUSE and VMWare systems, for optimal system availability.
- Configure, manage, and maintain components of the solution (application servers, load balancers, databases, operating systems, etc.)
- Deploy systems in the Lab environment, integrate with other systems, perform testing and validation.
- Manage, track, and maintain configuration items including, SSL certificates and the hardware/software baseline.
- Support baseline deployments, upgrades and updates to the production environment including the installation and configuration of new software and hardware.
- Manage access including creation and management of user and service accounts.
- Provide support on a M-F 8AM - 5PM GMT-7 business hours schedule.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline and 2+ years of relevant experience; Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree
DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED
- Experience installing, managing, and maintaining Linux servers in a production environment
- Experience installing, configuring, securing, deploying, managing, monitoring, and maintaining Linux Operating Systems across multiple environments.
- Experience with scripting in Bash and experience in other languages such as Perl or Python
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Application and configuration of security settings and other IA best practices
- Experience supporting, installing, and configuring enclave, storage area networks (SAN), and network attached storage (NAS).
- Experience with configuration deployment and management tools like SUSE Server Manager, Terraform, Cobbler, Salt and Ansible
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC)
- Experience managing HPE integrated Synergy enclosures, including Onboard Administrator, OneView, HPE Insights, iLO and interconnect modules
- Experience managing and using Ansible automation tools
- Knowledge of Git and the Git version control model
- Kubernetes and Rancher cluster understanding and node support
- Experience supporting, installing, and configuring enclave Fiber/Ethernet switches, HPE storage area networks (SAN)/ network attached storage (NAS)
- Experience with a ticketing system Atlassian JIRA
- Experience administering and configuring Windows Server 2014 or higher
*Available for purchase and administered by a designated third-party vendor. Find what's next with Kelly ® ?
As a worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential. Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know what's going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the 440,000 people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career where you may have never imagined.About Kelly ®
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly Services is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We welcome, value, and embrace diversity at all levels and are committed to building a team that is inclusive of a variety of backgrounds, communities, perspectives, and abilities. At Kelly, we believe that the more inclusive we are, the better services we can provide. Requests for accommodation related to our application process can be directed to Kelly's Human Resource Knowledge Center. Kelly complies with the requirements of California's state and local Fair Chance laws. A conviction does not automatically bar individuals from employment.