The Aerospace Corporation is the trusted partner to the nation's space programs, solving the hardest problems and providing unmatched technical expertise. As the operator of a federally funded research and development center (FFRDC), we are broadly engaged across all aspects of space- delivering innovative solutions that span satellite, launch, ground, and cyber systems for defense, civil and commercial customers. When you join our team, you'll be part of a special collection of problem solvers, thought leaders, and innovators. Join us and take your place in space.
At Aerospace, we are committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace for all employees to share in our common passion and aspiration - to carry out a mission much bigger than ourselves.
The selected individual will be working in a CPSO (Contractor Programs Security Officer) role and assisting with/addressing compliance of the SAP (Special Access Programs). Responsible for the security administration, management and operations of the facilities associated to these programs. The CPSO is the primary interface with Aerospace Program Management and government agencies/customers regarding program security matters and requirements. Responsible for providing security support ensuring classified information is properly safeguarded and will Provide on-site support for all security actions in accordance with corporate and governmental policies and directives.
- Prepares for inspections (conducts self-inspections)
- Provides initial program indoctrination security briefing and refreshers
- Conducts formal security education and training materials/events
- Maintains access rosters
- Maintains access management systems
- Maintains classified material accountability records (inventory, receipts, transmittal or disposition records)
- Ensures adherence to any applicable laws as well as SAP security policies and requirements.
- Creates, updates, and maintains SOPs and coordinates approval with Government Customer
- Conducts pre and post-travel briefings and Oversees foreign travel and contact reporting. For SAP reporting, obtain completed forms from Foreign Travel/Contact POC and send to the customer.
- Coordinates the visitor control process for SAP meetings
- Coordinates initial access eligibility determinations and creates PARs
- Interprets and implements security classification guidance
- Investigates any security incidents and works with government customer as required
- Coordinates with IA team to provide customer requirements and help implement ConMon tasks as required
- Coordinates with Physical Security on any program construction needs/modifications to the facility
- Current TS/SCI with the ability to obtain and maintain SAP accesses
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Provide on-site support for all security actions in accordance with corporate and governmental policies and directives
- Must be willing to be on-call after hours and on weekends as assigned
- Customer service orientation
- Must work well in a team environment
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to prioritize tasks and projects
- Must possess strong organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and projects at one time
- Effective interpersonal skills to coordinate efforts and work with other internal and external organizations
- Demonstrated flexibility and ability to adapt to changing organizational needs
- Strong written and oral communication skills
Physcial Requirements/Work Environments:
Ways We Reward Our Employees
- Ability to sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use a computer to complete activities.
- Ability to communicate with individuals and groups in person, by phone and telepresence.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may visit locations with varying temperatures and floor surfaces and may be exposed to seasonal elements.
- Intermittent travel to gain access to work areas and buildings.
During your interview process, our team will provide details of our industry-leading benefits.
Benefits vary and are applicable based on Job Type. A few highlights include:
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans
- Paid holidays, sick time, and vacation
- Standard and alternate work schedules, including telework options
- 401(k) Plan - Employees receive a total company-paid benefit of 8%, 10%, or 12% of eligible compensation based on years of service and matching contributions; employees are immediately eligible and vested in the plan upon hire
- Flexible spending accounts
- Variable pay program for exceptional contributions
- Relocation assistance
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career
- Education assistance programs
- An inclusive work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect
We are all unique, from diverse backgrounds and all walks of life, yet one thing bonds all of us to each other-the belief that we can make a difference. This core belief empowers us to do our best work at The Aerospace Corporation.Equal Opportunity Commitment
The Aerospace Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We believe that a diverse workforce creates an environment in which unique ideas are developed and differing perspectives are valued, producing superior customer solutions. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, color, religion, genetic information, marital status, ancestry, national origin, protected veteran status, physical disability, medical condition, mental disability, or disability status and any other characteristic protected by state or federal law. If you're an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who needs assistance using our online job search and application tools or need reasonable accommodation to complete the job application process, please contact us by phone at 310.336.5432 or by email at email@example.com
. You can also review The Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
and the supplement
, as well as the Pay Transparency Policy Statement