With great power comes great responsibility... IMDb runs the #1 movie website in the world with a combined web and mobile audience of more than 250 million unique monthly visitors. IMDb sits at the intersection of the entertainment, media, and technology inside the world's most innovative and consumer-centric company - Amazon.com. IMDb employees enjoy the benefits of working for Amazon with the autonomy of working on a small, nimble team.
We are seeking a Software Development Engineer who will work with design and product leaders to unlock IMDb in the living room. You will be the expert in helping customers find something to watch every night, from the comfort of their couch, using IMDb's comprehensive catalog data and recommendations to build the customer journey.
If you are an experienced software engineer with a creative flare, solid software engineering background, and a desire to be a leader in delivering the next generation technology, we want to talk with you. This is an enormous opportunity to lead the design, architecture, and implementation of products used every day by people you know. You will design, develop, and launch IMDb applications and Alexa voice experiences on Fire TV and non-Amazon living room devices. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Experience delivering Android applications
- Familiarity with the latest trends in consumer electronics, TV/Video content production and distribution, voice assistant technologies, and Living Room or 10 Foot apps.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Ability to collaborate with other SDEs through ambiguity in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to collaborate with multiple external dependent teams to design and develop complex solutions
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization.
- A love of movies and TV
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.