First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients' needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals - our number one source of new business. We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
The Salesforce Developer is responsible for supporting growing Salesforce application footprint by configuration, customization and maintenance of the implementation at FRB. He/she will also contribute in the data extracts and web services based integration with various other systems.
This position reports to Head of Engineering, Wealth Management Technology and supports the development and implementation of Wealth Management's technology roadmap. This role has a key responsibility within First Republic to ensure that our client experience within Wealth Management maintains the highest standards of the Bank.
In this role this person will support the planning and analysis of business requirements for ongoing system changes or enhancements to the CRM platform in coordination with business users, management, other IT resources and/or vendors. She / He will work with business partners to identify practical solutions through existing or new business systems technology, and will be responsible for the development and ongoing support of applications and other technology in cooperation with the business and other areas of IT.
The developer works with vendor, architects, data analysts and business analysts to accept requirements, translates these requirements into solution design and code where applicable, and participates in the full development process life-cycle from concept through testing, implementation, and support using the Agile development methodology. This includes leveraging/improving established frameworks, code reviews, identifying approaches to creatively solve data problems, participating in Proof Of Concepts, data quality, bug fixing, vendor coordination, environments management, L2 support and release/change and deployment planning.
* Work with IT team to maintain the Salesforce CRM platform
* Develop custom workflows, Data entities, plugins, custom entities and Script to fulfill system requirements.
* Create/implement plugins as needed
* Conduct research on best practices and industry/functional trends to understand how to use delivered platform functionality.
* Participate in cross-functional meetings to gather business requirement, assist in fit/gap analysis and provide detailed technical design documentation.
* Develop integrations between Salesforce and other line of business systems using File and/or API integrations
* Assist in the development of testing, training development/support, and launch plans as required to aid in delivery of a quality product, designed for user acceptance and adoption.
* Provide documentation (Data Mapping, Technical Specifications, Production Support, data dictionaries, test cases, etc.) for all projects
* Maintain different Salesforce CRM environments, deploying solutions from Dev to Test to Production.
* Operate as backup for Salesforce administrator and primary application configuration expert.
* Support on-going maintenance activities related to CRM and other related application systems.
* Ensure system security and integrity - Maintain security and sharing rules, Map/reassign records and grant/remove user licenses when warranted
Experience & Education:
* Developer with 3+ years of experience in designing, developing, implementing and system management of Salesforce (experience on Financial Services Cloud is preferred)
* Experience doing customization with APEX
* B.S. in Computer science or technical equivalent degree with minimum 3 years related work experience.
* Knowledge of SFDC configuration including use of data loader, Salesforce for Outlook, and other third party tools
* Experience with data migration in and out of SFDC for objects
* Experience on SFDC business workflow
* 2+ years of experience other programming languages, such as Java (Full stack experience is a plus)
* Strong background in Salesforce Lightning development, SDLC, and Salesforce communities
* Experience building Salesforce integrations and 3rd-party applications and APIs with the Salesforce platform
* Thorough understanding of the constraints of Salesforce platform, (i.e. governor limits) and best practices in delivering business requirements in the context of those constraints
* Knowledge of the Salesforce test framework, test-driven development (TDD), and iterative development
* Capital Markets knowledge and experience is highly desired
* Salesforce Certifications Dev 401 (ADM201 is also preferred)
* Focus on development/ improvement of framework to support repeatable and scalable solutions
* Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making
* Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future; understands how the Bank works, competes, serves clients, and generates shareholder value
* Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of settings and styles; is effective in a variety of formal presentation and meeting settings
* Gains support for change by providing context and responding with sensitivity to concerns; takes initiative to recommend/ develop innovative approaches to getting things done
* Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration
* The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
* Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
* Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
* Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
* Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
* Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.