First Republic is an ultra-high-touch bank that provides extraordinary client service. We believe that one-on-one interactions build lasting relationships. We move quickly to serve our clients' needs so that their financial transactions are handled with ease and efficiency. Client trust and security are paramount in our line of business. Ultimately, our goal is unsurpassed client satisfaction which will lead to personal referrals - our number one source of new business. We recognize that our competitive advantage starts with our people and our culture. At First Republic, we work hard and move quickly as a very coordinated team. If you are looking for an opportunity to grow and contribute in a fun, fast-paced environment, First Republic is the place for you. We have exceptional people focused on providing extraordinary service.
The ETL Developer will work as a key technical resource for the portfolio of large corporate projects at First Republic Bank. The ETL Developer will have deep knowledge of implementing ETL solutions with expertise in data acquisition and transformation delivery for banking solutions, and will be working across organizational boundaries providing oversight and technical checkpoints to enforce standards and quality of data solutions for deposit business strategy. The primary duty of the ETL Developer will be to provide technical solutions of Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) by partnering with key data resources, technology resources and vendors. The ideal candidate will be able to evaluate a business requirement, perform end to end data assessment, identify and document the data requirements and recommend appropriate ETL solutions. The candidate is expected to be a self-starter, requiring minimal oversight, is results-oriented, with a strong sense of teamwork. The role requires exceptional
communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved.
In addition to these more general cross functional responsibilities, the ETL Developer will also be responsible for the following:
* Assist in the ongoing development of technical best practices for data movement, data quality, data cleansing and other ETL-related activities.
* Provide technical knowledge of Extract/Transform/Load (ETL) solutions for Business Intelligence projects
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills and be able to lead meetings with technical peers regarding the solution designs. Ability to communicate with the Business Analysts, Data Modelers and Solution Architects when it comes to converting the ETL design into specific development activities
* Ability to do ETL development and to supervise and guide ETL development activities of other developers
* Work closely with project Business Analyst, Data Modeler and BI Lead to ensure that the end to end designs meet the business and data requirements
* Some database design experience is helpful
* Experience designing and building complete ETL/Informatica processes moving and transforming data for ODS, Staging, and Data Warehousing
* Utilize ad-hoc techniques to perform on-the-fly analysis of data
Education / work experience:
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in technology-related field or relevant experience in implementing software for a financial institution.
* 3+ years of banking experience required
* 4-6 years of proven working experience as a ETL Developer
* Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
* Writes advanced SQL including some query tuning
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
* Experience in the identification of data quality
* Highly adept user of MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Access, and common data analytics tools required
* Relevant experience acceptable as a member of a financial institution or consulting firm.
* Requires knowledge and proven experience in Agile/SCRUM.
* Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to build relationships at all levels of the enterprise including external vendors.
* Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and strategic thinking under a minimum of supervision.
* Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Professional skill / competency:
* Expert at managing by influence to achieve goals through departments and staff not directly in a reporting relationship.
* Strong business orientation with broad experience with banking processes, technology and change initiatives.
* Understands business processes, appropriate application of technology in supporting those processes, and the common technical complexity / considerations when evaluating new products or process options.
* Skilled at identifying and evaluating existing operations and new developments and gauging appropriate opportunities for the business.
* Focus on development of organizational capabilities and resources to support continuous evolution of a more competitive and profitable Bank
Leadership skill / competency:
* Demonstrated leadership, planning, and managerial skills with ability to contribute broadly at any level.
* Pragmatic with an ability to generate trust and build alliances across business and functional lines.
* Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making.
Personal skill / competency
* Strategic perspective and business acumen. Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future.
* Communication skills. Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of settings and styles; is effective in a variety of formal presentation and meeting settings; commands attention and can manage group process during presentation/ discussion.
* Change management. Gains support for change by providing context and responding with sensitivity to concerns; takes initiative to recommend/ develop innovative approaches to getting things done.
* Negotiation skills. Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic.
* Peer relationships. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration.
* The ability to learn and comprehend basic instructions; understand the meanings of words and respond effectively; and perform basic arithmetic accurately and quickly.
* Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens.
* Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person.
* Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions.
* Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
* Must be able to travel in a limited capacity.