As a strategic service offering, First Republic's "Enterprise Data and Client Insight" (EDCI) office works collaboratively with business and Information Technology to manage engagements and lead teams of data analysis resources in and assists the bank to leverage data as an asset throughout its business processes by offering information solutions to develop enterprise view of data - including Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Management and Data Quality and Governance. Over the years, First Republic's focus on exceptional, relationship-based service and consistent leadership has led to continuous growth and profitability. At First Republic Bank, it's all about embracing change and giving everyone an opportunity to grow and contribute. First Republic is in a fast-moving, high-growth area with huge potential and offers variety, challenge, responsibility and the opportunity to realize your leadership potential.
As a Quantitative Analyst, this person will work on a number of initiatives to improve and develop the analytics infrastructure with respect to the Marketing function of the Bank. Key Responsibilities include assisting the Chief Marketing Officer, the Chief Data Officer and Head of Analytics, in envisioning, designing, planning, building and deploying (release, maintenance, monitoring) information and analytics solutions. This individual will be at the nexus of helping the bank's leadership maximize the value of our data to make more informed decisions, service clients and capitalize on competitive opportunities in increasingly sophisticated ways.
This role will report directly to the Head of Analytics and will have a dotted line to the Marketing group, helping to identify, prioritize and execute analytic work that enables a deeper understanding of client behavior. The analyst will participate in analysis and aggregation of clients and client households for sales and marketing purposes including surveys, sales campaigns, client satisfaction studies, etc. This individual will also design and execute analyses to determine the customer impact of various business decisions and/or marketing campaigns, and collaborate on ad-hoc analyses that help to uncover business trends. From time to time, the analyst will participate in related activities including various data governance and data profiling initiatives, application development and vendor evaluation, Executive Management Reports and other analytic activities as needed.
* Strong understanding of marketing e.g. audience segmentation and analysis to help drive towards building personas (whether that be an experience, a piece of communication, educational materials, a service, etc.)
* Programming skills in prototyping languages like python; Statistical skills and experience; Ability to work with large databases using SQL
* Banking experience is a plus, but not required as long as the candidate possesses a strong curiosity and ability to quickly learn and assimilate new skills, as needed
* Ability to work effectively in both a team environment and independently, both with internal and external (partner) resources
* Possesses an attitude of getting things done and delivering results while keeping long term goals and objectives in mind
* Solid business acumen and executive-level communication (verbal and written)
* A bachelor's degree (computer science, engineering, mathematics/economics, finance or related field) ; MBA or MS degree preferred
* 3-5 years' of relevant corporate work experience working on programming, data analytics, quantitative modeling