Python ETL Developer
The ETL /Python Developer is responsible for designing and developing ETL Code in Informatica or Python packages/Modules. Creating the related ETL Design Specifications and framework. The developer coordinates with Architects, Data Analysts, cross functional teams on a project basis to effectively communicate design and development on related activities with a wide range of technical, non-technical, and third party team members.
This position reports to a Wealth Management Technology Manager/lead and supports the development and implementation of Wealth Management's technology roadmap. This role has a key responsibility within First Republic to ensure that our client experience within Wealth Management maintains the highest standards of the Bank.
The developer works with architects, data analysts and business analysts to accept requirements, translates these requirements into solution design and participates in the full development process life-cycle from concept through testing, implementation, and support using the Agile development methodology. This includes leveraging/improving established Data Model, ETL framework, identifying approaches to creatively solve data and application problems.
* Design and development of Data Warehouse/Data Mart. Be able to develop a project through its entire lifecycle.
* Build distributed backend application in the cloud.
* Understand repeatable automated processes for building the application, test it, document it, and deploy it at scale.
* A desire to work as part of a growing, fast-paced, and highly-flexible team. Ability to quickly learn new technologies and adapt to a fast-paced development environment.
* Work closely with Database Administrators and Data Integration (ETL) developers resulting in effective data driven solutions
* Work closely with, and incorporate feedback from, product designers and other stakeholders in the company.
* Establish quality processes to deliver a stable and reliable solution
* Complex SQL, stored proc development
* Understand the project proposal and assist the team in analyzing how the new system or functionality can be integrated in the current environment.
* Ability to identify and resolve any performance and/or data related issues
* Provide documentation (Data Mapping, Technical Specifications, Production Support, data dictionaries, test cases, etc.) for all projects
Experience & Education:
* 7+ Years of experience in ETL Developer role with deep knowledge of Informatica tool.
* 3+ Years of experience in Python, Pandas, Django
* 2+ Years of experience in Cloud implementation
* Experience with Celery, RESTful APIs and server-side APIs integration
* Strong experience in building data warehouse solutions using Python.
* Strong ETL performance-tuning skills and the ability to analyze and optimize production volumes and batch schedules.
* Experience in SQL, PL/SQL / T-SQL
* Experience with ETL, SFTP/SSH, Unix/Linux, as well as Git or other version control systems
* Expertise in operational data stores and real time data integration
* Experience with Development Methodologies, Databases Platforms and Data Modeling tools (ERwin/Model Manager)
* 10+ Years of in MS SQL Server Database Design/Development
* Expert level skill in modelling, managing, scaling and performance tuning high volume transactional database.
* Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
* Technical Skills:
+ Experience in Python language and Cloud Implementation like AWS/GCP
+ Knowledge in Cloud technologies
+ Proficiency with Data Modeling tools such as Erwin/ER Studio.
+ Experience with ETL tools like Python Informatica tools
+ Proficiency in master data management (MDM) projects and solutions.
+ Proficiency with high volume OLTP Databases and large data warehouse environments.
+ Experience and knowledge of optimizing database performance and capacity utilization to provide high availability and redundancy
+ Understanding of Agile and its implementation for Data Warehouse Development
+ Strong experience with SQL Server Management Studio, Advanced T-SQL and SQL Server Databases
* Professional Skills/Competency:
+ Capital Markets knowledge and experience is highly desired
+ Understanding of traditional and alternative asset class investment data, including but not limited to equity, fixed income, private equity, real estate, derivatives, mutual funds, ETFs, global assets, foreign exchange, etc.