Resp & Qualifications PURPOSE:
Performs complex analysis, design, development, testing, and debugging of computer software ranging from operating system architecture integration and software design to selection of computer systems, language, and/or equipment. Designs, develops/codes, tests, and documents critical and complex application programs for computer systems. Works with appropriate stakeholders to define system scope and objectives and establish baselines. Establishes project standards and processes. Breaks down software requirements and creates highly complex systems.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Perform technical detail design, coding, testing of applications. Serves as subject matter expert for both customer and internal discussions related to maintaining and enhancing existing software systems. Develop and/or analyze interface design documentation. Comply with hardware and software systems standards and procedures. Deliver large systems for tens of thousands of users. Comply with code quality, migration and dev/ops standards and policies
- Performs software analysis, including requirements and uses case development and design. Implements and documents source code to design specifications. Performs software testing including developing and running automated unit tests, drafting, and executing structured automated test cases. Compile, assess, and report data results from software testing and analysis.
- Develops software solutions for enterprise environments and other technologies. Analyzes and implements functional and non-functional (e.g. performance, availability) requirements and designs, implements, and tests software. Performs operations & maintenance (O&M) of existing systems. Identifies areas for improvement and streamlining. Demonstrated experience with front-end and back-end programing and integration frameworks and tools. Assist in the estimation of development of application features
- Provides direct technical support for high level, high visibility and critical trouble calls for supported applications. Works with cross functional teams to develop highly reliable software that runs at scale. Provides recommendations to infuse new technology. Extend open-source libraries and systems as necessary to meet the needs of the team. Play a crucial role in product scoping and roadmap / architecture discussions. Continually evaluate emerging technologies to identify opportunities, trends, and best practices. Mentoring of junior software engineers
Individual Contributor - Position does not have direct reports but is expected to assist in guiding and mentoring less experienced staff. May lead a team of matrixed resources.QUALIFICATIONS:Education Level:
Bachelor's Degree inInformation Technology or Computer Science OR in lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.Experience:
5 years experience with software development, basic coding and compilation, software architecture/design, user requirements definition and software specification development.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (KSAs)
Department Department:Customer Service DeliveryEqual Employment Opportunity
- Ability to communicate technical requirements to all levels of expertise.
- Proficient in establishing and maintaining good working relationships.
- Knowledge and understanding of software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Proficient with integrating complex and/or existing systems.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure).
- Knowledge of database technologies (e.g. cloud, SQL, Oracle, Mongo DB, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Fundamental knowledge of software engineers’ best practices, agile methodologies, CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of test-first practices including Test-Driven Development (TDD) for unit tests and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD) for automated acceptance tests.
- Strong experience with Deployment/Continuous Integration/ Continuous Testing/ Continuous Delivery processes and tools and have expertise in CI/CD tools and framework.
- Knowledge of Code quality and promotion practices.
- Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.
CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield is an Equal Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of theCompany to provide equal employment opportunities to allqualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.Hire Range Disclaimer
Actual salary will be based on relevant job experience and work history.Where To Apply
Please visit our website to apply: www.carefirst.com/careersFederal Disc/Physical Demand
Note: The incumbent is required to immediately disclose any debarment, exclusion, or other event that makes him/her ineligible to perform work directly or indirectly on Federal health care programs.PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
The associate is primarily seated while performing the duties of the position. Occasional walking or standing is required. The hands are regularly used to write, type, key and handle or feel small controls and objects. The associate must frequently talk and hear. Weights up to 25 pounds are occasionally lifted.Sponsorship in US
Must be eligible to work in the U.S. without Sponsorship