General Dynamics Federal Civilian Division is actively looking for a Cloud Database Administrator to help lead the deployment and operations of a robust databases in an enterprise cloud environment. In this position, you will have the opportunity to directly impact the lives of millions of Americans by working on systems that increase access to care, improve health outcomes and control costs. The ideal candidate will be someone who is looking for continual growth, can think strategically and perform tactically, and mostly importantly, wants to make a positive difference to the people around them.
* Experience with all aspects of Oracle 10g / Microsoft SQL Server 2005+ / MySQL 5.0+ / AWS RDS databases. The version may be higher or higher database administration including installation, configuration, upgrades, patching, AWS migration, capacity planning, performance tuning, query optimization, backup and recovery.
* Experience with high availability setup in various availability zones.
* Solid experience with Linux or UNIX and windows operating systems.
* Experience with replication configuration in MySQL.
* Experience hardening of databases according to FISMA / other required security standards necessary for PHI & PII data and HIPPA laws.
* Encrypt to the databases at rest & in transit.
* Proficient with Oracle's database admin tools / backup utilities such as RMAN.
* Ability to develop scripts to automate routine jobs.
* Proficient with network troubleshooting tools and techniques.
* Experience with change management including maintenance of multiple development, test, QA, and production environments.
* Able to support proactive database monitoring and issue resolution.
* Familiarity with other SQL/NoSQL databases such as PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* Training and Certification in DBA and services.
* 5-8 years of related database administration experience.
* Demonstrated experience with the Scrum Agile methodology for databases task automation and scripting.
* Ability to influence others using reasoning, persuasion, and negotiation; excellent interpersonal skills.
* Strong ability to learn new technologies in a short time.
* Must possess well-developed verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience supporting Federal civilian and health agencies a plus.
**US Citizenship required and must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance.**
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.
Department: Information Technology