NPower is a high-performing leader in providing pathways to successful digital careers for youth from underserved communities and veterans across the US and Canada. NPower’s award winning training programs use curriculum informed by senior industry leaders and labor market trends. On average, NPower graduates 85% of enrolled students, places 100% of graduates in paid internships and has over an 80% rate of success for employment or continued education within 6 months of graduation. Notable corporate partners include Symantec, Cisco, Bank of America, Citi, CBS, JPMorgan Chase, ServiceNow, and HP.
We address many of the primary barriers that our young adults and veterans confront. Beyond free technical classes, our career training programs provide in-demand certifications within weeks, paid internships, professional networking and mentorship with business leaders, soft skills coaching, connection to social services, job placement assistance, transit assistance and an opportunity for graduates to give back to the program via our professional volunteer network. We provide ongoing career coaching, advanced certifications, and leadership development for our alumni, ensuring that we are developing true pathways for long-term success for our students.
The purpose of this position is to create and manage technology training and delivery, designed to improve NPower’s student’s knowledge and proficiency of technology in a designated region. The Instructor works with Academic and Program Management to ensure programs are being measured effectively, and data is being analyzed to determine program goals/outcomes. The Instructor will be responsible for an innovative technology training/delivery system that caters to different student learning styles such as; Visual/Verbal, Visual/ Nonverbal, Tactile/Kinesthetic, and Auditory/ Verbal for Tech Fundamental students from the ages of 18-25.
Instruction/Classroom Management/ Student Evaluation/Administration
Additional Skills Required:
1) 3-5 years of technical employment
2) 1-3 years of instruction
Skills and Abilities:
1) Must have good classroom management skills, and ability to work with groups of varying ages, abilities and levels of maturity.
2) A passion for helping people to grow, develop themselves, and better their lives and their community.
3) Ability to motivate students to actively participate and engage in learning to develop knowledge habits that meet the needs of internship partners and employers.
4) Strong interpersonal skills – experience working with diverse individuals and groups
5) Excellent communication (oral, written, and listening) skills.
6) An interest in creating a hands-on interactive learning environment.
7) Ability and desire to act as a mentor and role model to young budding technologists.
8) Must be flexible, open to new ideas, creative and energetic, in addition to working well in team-based, entrepreneurial, and diverse environment.
9) Experience in one or more of the following fields helpful but not required: workforce development, education, information technology, youth development, human potential, human resources, IT staffing, or social services.