DriveTime Needs a Manager, Software Engineering.
Headquartered in Tempe, Arizona, DriveTime is the largest privately owned used car sales and finance company in the country. With more than 130 dealerships, 3 operations centers, and 15 reconditioning centers across the nation, our 4,000+ employees are focused on getting the right customer in the right car, at the right terms. With over 25 years of industry experience and our dedication to streamlining the purchase process, we're redefining what it means to buy and finance a used car.
As focused as we are on our customers, we take that same focus on finding the right talent for the right opportunities within our organization. All across the nation, from our Home Office and operations centers to our retail locations and reconditioning centers, we are looking for talented individuals like yourself to join our ever-growing team.That's Nice, But What's the Job?
In short, our Manager, Software Engineering are responsible to:
- Lead a team of software engineers to build applications that help redefine how we do business -- and keep us ahead of our competitors.
- Collaborate with other engineers to work on key features across DriveTime.
- Mentor incredibly smart, friendly, and passionate team.
In long, as a Manager, Software Engineering you will drive several exciting initiatives, help solve problems, no matter how big or small, work on business-critical projects built around cutting-edge technologies, and convey strategy and accuracy to our top-level decision-makers.What we would like to see in your Tech Stack:
So What Kind of Folks Are We Looking for?The Specifics.
- API Development (RESTful, GraphQL, .Net Web API)
- Front-End Experience (Modern Angular, React, or Vue)
- 5+ years of professional development experience and have lead teams informally or formally on large projects and preferably has had direct reports at some point in the past.
- Ability to establish cross-functional, collaborative relationships with business and technology partners
- Full-Stack software development experience preferred with an emphasis on Front End architecting and building robust distributed systems that scale well
- Expertise in client-side SPA development
- Experience in developing unit tests
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Communicates clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Passionate about continuous learning
- Bachelors Degree in Information Technology or related field
Anything Else? Absolutely.
DriveTime was awarded Top Companies to Work for in AZ by AZCentral.com for our great culture and one of the Best Places to Work in IT as awarded by PBJ. Essentially we offer a creative, transparent, and fun environment since, well, we work here too. DriveTime was also voted the Fastest-Growing Private Companies by Inc 5000, and we aren't slowing down anytime soon!
So What About the Perks? Perks matter.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision. DriveTime pays a nice chunk of your premiums to keep the cost as low as possible for our employees.
- 16 days of PTO and 6 paid Holidays. Because who doesn't love time off?
- Benefits like 401(k), company-paid life insurance, short and long-term disability.
- Casual Dress. Come dressed in jeans (you'll fit right in with the rest of us).
- Game Room. Gimme a break - no, not a Kit Kat ad but we do have a ping-pong table, and a pool table if you ever need a break in your day.
- Wellness Program and In-House Gym. We want our employees to be the best versions of themselves. That's why we offer a Wellness Program that includes an in-house gym, B12 shots, teeth cleanings, biometric screenings, and much more!
- Growth opportunities. DriveTime takes a lot of pride in promoting from within. We have spent the last 14 years growing our team members and taking them on the path to owning their careers!
And when it comes to hiring, we don't just look for the right person for the job, we seek out the right person for DriveTime. Buckle up for plenty of opportunities to grow in a professional, fun, and high-energy environment!