I'm currently working with a client that is a leading independent publisher of psychological assessments and related intervention resources in the West LA area. They specialize in publishing articles online that assist helping professionals diagnose, screen, and treat people in need in the areas of autism, speech/language, school and clinical psychology, and occupational therapy. Having been around for over 70 years, they have built themselves a global reputation of being assessment experts in the areas listed above. This company takes great pride in what they do and how they serve the community, also boasting a fantastic family oriented startup energy culture.
They are currently looking to bring on a Senior DevOps engineer to oversee their AWS services and infrastructure. This role will involve a large majority of AWS services, including Lambda (serverless), Autoscaling, SWS, SNS, Cloudformation, ECS, Route 53, and security practices as well. This role will also involve CI/CD with Jenkins or Github, and containerization with Docker and Kubernetes. Windows experience is also a must since most of their environment is on Windows OS.
Required Skills & Experience
- Knowledge about Database/NoSQL DB hosting fundamentals (RDS multi-AZ, DynamoDB, MongoDB and such)
- Knowledge on different storage platforms on AWS (EBS, EFS, FSx) - mounting persistent volumes with Docker Containers
- In-depth knowledge on Security principles on AWS (WAF, DDoS, Security Groups, NACL's, IAM groups and SSO)
- Knowledge on CI/CD platforms is required (Jenkins, GitHub actions, etc.) - Migration of AWS Code pipelines to GitHub actions
- Knowledge on vast variety on AWS services (SNS, SES, SQS, Athena, Kinesis, S3, ECS, EKS etc.) is required
- Experience on Infrastructure as Code tool is required, CloudFormation and Terraform
- Setting CloudWatch Alarms and SMS/Email Slack alerts.
- Some Knowledge on configuring any kind of monitoring tool such as Prometheus, Dynatrace etc. (We currently use Datadog, CloudWatch)
- Experience with any CDN provider configurations (Cloudflare, Fastly or CloudFront)
- Experience with either Python or Go scripting language.
- Experience with Git branching strategy
- Containers hosting Experience on both Windows and Linux (Docker, Kubernetes)
- s only - no sponsorship
Desired Skills & Experience
- Integration experience with Code Quality tools (SonarQube, NetSparker) with CI/CD
- CDN's other than CloudFront (Cloudflare, Fastly)
- Collaboration with multiple teams
- Competitive Salary: Up to $160-170K/year, DOE + Bonus
You will receive the following benefits:
- Medical Insurance & Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Paid Sick Time Leave
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis now and in the future.