Summit Professional Education is a national leader in providing high quality continuing education workshops for allied health and special education professionals.
- We deliver more than 2,000+ Live Workshops each year across all 50 states and offer 150+ Online Courses
- We provide physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech language pathologists, and special needs educators with necessary continuing education credits to maintain professional licenses, strengthen skills, and improve lives.
See Summit-Education.com for more information.
Position Overview (reports directly to Director of Marketing & Technology):
This Full Stack Developer position is responsible for maintaining and enhancing various code bases and connections that drive the Summit experience (both external and internal customers). You’ll work closely with the Director of Marketing & Technology, and other technology team members, to outline and execute projects to enhance the Summit website, execute live and online courses, and support the technology needs of other departments.
This role is ideal for someone with proven full-stack competency and the desire to find practical solutions to business and customer needs. If you’ve proven yourself in a language/framework and are looking to expand your skillset, you’ll find broad, production-focused exposure to the latest technologies. Your day could be spent collaborating on solution design for a new project, making a valuable eCommerce update, or translating a complex user story into effective code.
Leveraging a small-team/light-weight Agile workflow, you’ll be driving the process from planning to code to deployment. You’ll also be directly communicating with stake holders and responsible for keeping development efforts efficient.
With a desire to deliver results, you’ll find this position affords an ever-broadening scope of responsibilities and influence.
- Participate in technology roadmap creation, sprint management, execution.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, and build enhancements to website/eCommerce and internal systems.
- Manage Junior Developer as a direct report. Including project schedules, code collaboration, and personal development.
- Assist all departments with technology enhancements as outlined in the technology roadmap.
- What we use:
- Tools: IntelliJ IDEA, WebStorm, DataGrip, Atom, MySQL Workbench, MS SSMS, Jenkins, Maven, Zube
- Databases: AWS Aurora, MySQL, MS SQL
- AWS-Centric (EC2, RDS, Elastic Beanstalk, Lambdas, API Gateway, ElastiCache)
- Must be a self-starter who can work independently and prioritize, both in collaboration with manager and translate prioritization to direct report(s)
- Must have a desire and drive to learn new technologies, and grow as a professional
- Must have excellent programming, analytical and problem solving skills
- 3-5 years of experience in a development role
- Ability to learn and adapt to new languages and systems, while elevating and transforming legacy systems and patterns.
- Broad interest in technology, its impact on business results, and desire to problem solve in a fast-paced environment.
- Very organized, task and detail-oriented.
- Fit with Summit company values: team oriented, accountable and reliable, integrity, excellence, consumer-focused, respectful, solution and results oriented.
- Smaller Company Feel, Larger Company Professionalism
- Health insurance (with strong company contribution)
- Annual Bonus plan