PLM is a national leader in supply chain solutions for refrigerated transportation assets, offering structured financial solutions and technologies for optimized fleet management. The cold supply chain is rapidly evolving from farm to table with the use of innovative technology solutions such as leading-edge sensors, Telematics, IoT and Blockchain, providing new opportunities for growth and innovation. PLM has 29 locations across the US with headquarters based in Newark New Jersey’s Gateway Center. We are seeking creative, flexible, take-charge individuals that can generate customer value through process simplification and high impact digital interactions resulting in greater productivity across the cold supply chain.
The Cloud Technology Architect will develop customer-specific interfaces using data housed in Microsoft Azure for greater visibility to information that helps customers improve fleet performance and internal operations. An ideal candidate for this position will be self-motivated, work well with others and possess the necessary skills to accomplish their job, deliver on time and be accountable. This role reports to the Manager, Systems and Structure.
The Job: Some key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead and coordinate with cross-functional teams to create and implement the execution of business strategies.
- Help enterprise customers understand cloud considerations, develop cloud application strategies and helping refactor existing applications for Azure, as well as develop new Azure- based cloud-native applications on Azure PaaS.
- Design and support solutions for various system components using Microsoft Azure.
- Responsible for learning and applying Artificial Intelligence (AI) and machine learning within the Azure environment; educate colleagues to drive internal productivity and create value for customers.
- Use, Azure/Data Source, PowerBI and other tools for greater customer visibility to valuable fleet information; Support the creation of apps and other technology-based customer solutions
- Focus on system integration, data procurement & reliability, data connection management, API connectivity
- Build scalable applications that meet business and customer requirements.
- Partner closely with process owner to prioritize user experience improvements.
- Track and improve user experience levels by working with technical and non-technical colleagues.
- Work closely with our backend engineering team to design integration APIs and data contracts relevant to UI.
- Exercise independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution.
The Qualifications/Skills Required:
- Ability to prepare and ensure the highest quality of written and oral communication with attention to style, content and structure.
- Service and goal oriented. Support cohesive team dynamics and environment. Good listener and effective problem solver.
- Exhibit a professional and positive demeanor with a high degree of commitment.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritizing assignments, and handling multiple tasks simultaneously and independently.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to interact effectively with all levels of the organization.
- Knowledge of corporate guidelines and understanding of company organization and structure.
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- The proven ability to plan, execute and support system migration and change
- Expertise with MS SQL in Microsoft Azure cloud, automation and improving compliance and security processes
- Experience shipping and maintaining SaaS, browser-based applications
- 4 + Years of T-SQL, SSRS and .NET experience
- Experience working with IoT in commerce settings
- Understanding of machine-learning and operations research
- Experience working with charting and elegant display of large complex data sets
- Passion for getting hands dirty in code and solving problems
- Experience integration with 3rd party REST and SOAP API
- MSCA/MSCE Certification is a plus.
- Experience connecting MS Dynamic NAV using web service is a plus