BEST IN CLASS HOME RESPIRATORY CARE
Viemed provides home respiratory service to patients struggling with various respiratory diseases including chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and various neuromuscular diseases. With almost 25 million Americans reporting that they have been diagnosed with COPD, the country’s 3rd largest killer behind Cancer and Congestive Heart Failure, Viemed provides a solution for people who suffer from this debilitating disease. Our mission is to educate, nurture and inspire our patients to lead better lives. This is made possible by a highly effective home treatment model that focuses on transitional care, education, personalized care plans, and chronic disease management.
As a key member of the Executive Management team, the Chief Technology Officer will directly report to the Chief Operating Officer and have the primary day-to-day responsibility to help grow the organization using technological resources. This is a unique opportunity to own and drive the end-to-end technology roadmap and to have responsibility for the backend infrastructure and technology stack. Responsibilities will also include direct management of process and quality of service improvements, strategic planning, project management for software development, procurement and releases, and management of resources across teams. Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
Our ideal customer-obsessed candidate will have excellent project management skills, they are motivated to achieve in a fast-paced environment and will raise the bar with their ability to lead through their leaders, dive deep and deliver results. You will add value to the process of understanding the needs of the business and translating them into best in class technology solutions to meet the needs of our customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as a thought leader and strategy driver for the company as a member of the executive leadership team.
- Understand how all elements of the software lifecycle work together and develop quality engineering approaches that fit the overall architecture.
- Build and inspire a team of highly motivated technologists.
- Develop the long-term strategy for the organization’s programs and translate that strategy into an achievable road map/action plan.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments.
- Management of department resources, staffing, mentoring and enhancing and maintaining a best in class work environment.
- Applying best-practice knowledge into Software Development, DevOps, change management, cloud infrastructure, automation, security, site reliability and speed.
- Ability to scope new projects as brought on by Sales to determine effort and feasibility.
- Extensive experience working with customers on API builds or other technical integrations.
- History of long-standing, consultative relationships.
- Strong quantitative skills and negotiations ability.
- Experience in managing longer sales cycles with many stakeholders.
- Proven track record of exceeding revenue expectations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, master’s degree preferred.
- Ten (10) plus years of Information Technology experience.
- Ten (10) plus years of website development and frameworks experience.
- Experience with platform-as-a-service and managing 24x7 available production environment.
- Extensive experience with building Big Data solutions.
- Deep knowledge of AWS cloud environment.
- Excellent knowledge of Open Source and Windows environments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software on time.
- Strong business and technical vision.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet aggressive timelines with optimal solutions.
- Exposure to machine learning.
- Experience with AWS and containerized applications.
- Experience with Jira.
Access to Protected Health Information (PHI)
- This position will require the employee to handle Protected Health Information (PHI) for duties related to document and report preparation. Policies and procedures will be strictly adhered to make sure PHI is protected as required by the HIPAA Privacy Rule.
- This position will work in an office environment.
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time.