Seeking a Test Engineer to perform requirements definition, design, development, integration & test of Special Test Equipment (STE) used for engineering development, production support and maintenance/re-work of military electronic assemblies.
- Perform test equipment system architecture development (block diagrams).
- Perform production Test and Debug.
- Perform a wide-variety of in-house STE design, development, integration & test tasks to deliver test system solutions to in-house engineering and production.
- Interact and collaborate with personnel from various functional disciplines to design, build, assemble, and test the STE.
- Documentation preparation, STE concept development, schematic & wiring diagram definition, computer-aided design, bench & laboratory testing, technical data package preparation and product demonstration & sell-off.
- Collaborate and communicate with management, internal, and outsourced development partners regarding STE design status, project progress, and issue resolution.
- Knowledge of electronic testing methodology, including writing and execution of test plans, debugging, and testing.
- BS in Electronic or Computer Engineering or equivalent working experience.
- A minimum of 5 years related experience in military test equipment design.
- Prior experience in digital design development role using COTS components to develop stand-alone test equipment solutions.
- In-depth understanding of COTS computer architecture, interconnect/interfaces, and standard communication protocols.
- Demonstrated ability to perform test equipment trouble-shooting and failure diagnosis with directly-relevant experience.
- Strong interpersonal communication and technical writing skills to enable effective personal interaction and collaboration with a multi-discipline team.
- Experience working in the engineering laboratory and transition to production environments performing STE hardware, software, & firmware integration and test activities.
- Excellent teamwork/interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively, both within and outside one's own work group.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative to identify and solve complex system level issues.
- Ability to plan work and accomplish challenging objectives with minimal direction.
- Excellent analytical and empirical problem solving and troubleshooting skills. Ability to evaluate design and system performance.
If you think you are a good fit for this position, please don’t hesitate to apply now!
PeopleWare Staffing, Inc. is dedicated to placing quality individuals into contract and full-time positions. There is no fee charged to our candidates or contractors. Our philosophy is to keep everyone's best interest at heart and make sure there is a good match on skills and personal interests. For more information please visit our website: www.PeopleWareStaffing.com
Please Note: - We are unable to sponsor H1-B visas at this time. - No third party candidates will be considered for this position. - U.S. citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply.