At Entertainment Partners we help to power Oscar-winning films, Emmy-winning shows, and Clio-winning commercials. Feel the satisfaction of doing work that directly impacts the most exciting industry in the world while fostering a work environment with the nimbleness of a start-up but the stability of a blue chip. EP is poised to redefine and evolve the back-office processes of the entertainment community with security at the core of what we do.
Are you looking for the next opportunity to revolutionize an industry? If so....
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer capable of delivering performant, high throughput, secure solutions that drive strategic goals and roadmaps. Responsibilities include analyzing, designing, building, deploying and transitioning operational ownership of enterprise platforms and services, while making sure there is strategic alignment with high-level architectural and technology goals. This is a hands-on development position requiring exceptional technical expertise and creativity, a strong sense of ownership, great communication skills and a passion for delivering results in a fast-paced, agile environment.
• Design, document, develop, deploy and transition operational support of frameworks and services.
• Work in an Agile environment to build high performance, high throughput, scalable APIs and services within tight deadlines.
• Generate automated unit/integration tests, CI/CD artifacts and monitoring infrastructure as part of deliverables.
• Continuously look for opportunities for improvement in practices, coding standards, SDLC and business solutions in a variety of areas.
• Identify, document and drive standards in the API/services area.
• Mentor and train other developers.
• Collaborate closely and regularly with Architecture, Data Science, Quality Engineering, DevOps, Product Management, Program Management and other business units.
JOB REQUIREMENTS/QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field desired.
• Minimum 5 years of software development experience with at least 2 years developing and deploying services and APIs.
• Expert knowledge of various technologies and frameworks for building and running performant and scalable services/APIs.
• Expert knowledge of Java or similar OO programing language.
• Proficiency in Java best practices.
• Proficiency in relational and NoSQL data stores, asynchronous messaging and caching frameworks.
• Proficiency in the microservices architectural style and related patterns, such as Service Registry, Circuit-Breaker and Timeouts.
• Hands-on knowledge of cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure.
• Hands-on knowledge of IAM standards such as OAuth2, OpenID Connect, JWT and Spring Security.
• Ability to absorb, understand and communicate written and verbal information and ideas, and to deliver in a concise manner that is easily understood by others.
• Ability to apply critical thinking to identifying the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Desired: Experience with core Java components and frameworks, such as Spring Boot, Hibernate, Jackson, etc.
• Desired: Experience with Java build and testing frameworks, such as Jenkins, Maven/Gradle, and JUnit.