Healthcare's helping hand.
CHG shook things up in 1979 by inventing the locum tenens staffing model. We connect doctors with patients who need their care. As the largest physician staffing firm in America, our providers treat millions of patients each year.
Our industry is growing and demand is high. This means you'll have plenty of opportunities to grow and develop in your career. Keeping healthcare healthy can be as fun as it is rewarding.
As a condition of employment at CHG Healthcare you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to your start date, subject to reasonable accommodations as required by law. To learn more about our commitment to health and safety of our people, click here.
The UX Research Manager is experienced at qualitative or mixed-methods of UX researcher with a track record of building and nurturing teams who can help deeply understand our users' needs and translate those into improved experiences. In this role, you will coach, mentor, and develop researchers as they seek to understand the "why" behind behaviors and attitudes of our audiences in healthcare staffing.
As an ideal candidate, you have extensive experience with a variety of user research methods and best practices and demonstrated experience partnering with and influencing your peers in Design, Product, and Engineering to help guide the vision of the products we develop and deliver research that helps us create world-class experiences that our customers will value. This position is on the User Insights and Experience team and reports to the Senior Manager of User Insights and Experience.Your role:
Your qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Manage, mentor, and develop the abilities of up to 4-6 UX Researchers who support cross-functional product teams
- Coach researchers on the design and execution of qualitative and mixed methods studies and identify opportunities for marrying qualitative and quantitative methodologies to tell a deeper story
- Collaborate with senior stakeholders to understand business opportunities and to identify projects for the UX research team
- Collaborate with peers to identify connection points and build out a holistic understanding of different user types and their needs and expectations
- Collaborate with leadership to define UX research strategy
- Find creative and compelling ways to share and evangelize research and customer insights across the company
- Set goals, measure success of research projects, and implement ways to continually improve
- Forecast resource needs and grow the team to provide necessary capabilities and expertise
- Partner with product, design, and engineering to influence the vision that drives our product development
- Guide the development and delivery of impactful research that informs decisions across the product lifecycle
- Coach researchers on your team to identify the best research approaches to get the right answers based on research questions, timing, and resources
Education & Experience
- Demonstrated discernment and ability to do the right research for the task at hand
- Expertise in qualitative research and knowledge of quantitative methodologies; able to determine and execute the right research method for the question at hand
- Deep knowledge of a wide range of generative and evaluative research methods and strong experimental design and/or A/B testing skills
- Track record of discovering, synthesizing, and socializing actionable insights that have influenced real product decisions and produced business impact
- Expert in study design; able to maintain methodological rigor, while staying flexible and adjusting to changing timelines or priorities
- Excellent communication, negotiation and collaboration skills
- Excellent coaching and mentoring skills
- Bachelor's degree in Design, Human Factors Interaction (HCI), or related field
- 5+ years experience as UX Researcher in a product development context
- 2+ years experience managing and developing UX Research team
In return, we offer:
- Graduate degree in design, psychology, human factors, cognitive science, human-centered interaction (HCI), related field, or equivalent experience
- Competitive pay
- Flexible work schedules - including work from home options available
- 401 (k) retirement plan
- Healthcare coverage with corporate wellness program
- Free health center and health coaching for employees and dependents
- 18 days of PTO your first year and paid holidays
- Up to 16 hours of paid volunteer time off
- Award-winning training and development programs
Click here to learn more about our company and culture.
To have your resume reviewed by Talent Acquisition, click "Apply" at the top of the screen. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity EmployerVeterans/DisabledWe are an at-will employer