Kforce has a client in San Diego, CA that is seeking a Remote Sr. React Manager, Software Engineer (Mobile Development).
The Remote Sr. React Manager, Software Engineering (Mobile Development) provides leadership for the development of software including system architecture, software & firmware specification and design, and software qualification testing. The candidate oversees the analysis, design, programming, debugging, and modification of computer programs for the Company's medical devices.
* Software Engineer leads a team of Software Engineers responsible for the creation of safety-critical embedded device software
* Responsible for system architecture including managing the planning for the design, development, modification, and evaluation
* Plays an active management role in defining approaches for system validation and design verification
* Prepares and presents reports outlining the outcome of technical projects and implements recommendations for actions necessary to achieve desired results
* As a Software Engineer, you prepare project status reports including milestone dates, product backlog tasks and other aspects of the Design Control process
* Manages projects and activities in a multiple project environment with high demand schedules for direct staff and subcontractors
* Coordinates the work of the mechanical engineering staff with electrical and software engineers to determine hardware compatibility and/or influences on hardware design
* Negotiates with other departments as needed and considers company-wide impacts in decision making
* Serves as an internal expert on technical matters and often serves as consultant to management
* Software Engineer manages design approaches and validation parameters, including generation of detailed specifications and requirements, rapid prototyping, and tools for development, test, and manufacturing including respective documentation
* Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related field or combination of equivalent education and years of applicable work experience
* 3 years of experience leading a software development team
* Expert knowledge of embedded software systems; Experience working with safety-critical software preferred
* Experience working with serial or wireless communication protocols, including USB & BLE preferred
* Previous experience leading teams in an Agile scrum environment
* Integration experience in a manufacturing environment, to assist with the transfer of testing methodology to manufacturing
* Skilled at effectively communicating department or area issues and results within and across functional areas and conducting presentations of technical information concerning specific projects or timelines; Able to gain cooperation of others
* Able to make and prioritize process and resource decisions based on overall team needs
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.