Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you want to have a voice and feel a sense of belonging? At ICW Group, we hire innovative people who consistently adapt, grow and deliver. We believe in hard work, a fun work environment, and embracing creativity that only comes about when talented people collaborate to develop solutions. Our mission is to create the best insurance experience possible.
Headquartered in San Diego with regional offices located throughout the United States, ICW Group has been named for seven consecutive years as a Top 50 performing P&C company offering the stability of a large, profitable and growing company combined with a small-company entrepreneurial spirit. Our purpose-driven ethos provides team members with opportunities to contribute, develop, and belong.
Amazing new opportunity to implement new and sustain existing business and Information Technology (IT) solutions including software configuration and development, system and data integration and management of Software as a Service (SaaS) products. This position exists to ensure new business solutions are implemented successfully and consistently with company and department goals.WHAT YOU WILL DO
Provide technical support to ICW's operation of systems.
- Creates and maintains software solutions to support the Company's business operations.
- Collaborates with the project team documenting software designs.
- Partners with Business Analysts to create, refine and review functional and non-functional requirements.
- Documents specifications.
- Develops deployment scripts and provides detailed documentation for deploying and supporting software.
- Corroborates with IT staff and business during technical meetings, regular code reviews, and technical planning meetings.
Develop system design to produce a robust solution within time and cost constrains.
- Writes application and system integration code, defines logical and physical data structures, builds reports, and provides automation scripts.
- Applies best practices, including design reviews, unit testing, code reviews and continuous integration/deployment, to minimize, if not eliminate, defects upon delivery.
- Identifies and advocates areas for improvement within the IT organization.
Act as Subject Matter Expert (SME) to multiple internal customers collaborating on information systems projects.
WHAT WILL YOU BRING TO THE ROLE
- Modifies, implements, and maintains existing applications
- Utilizes Jira to track defects and resolutions.
- Conducts testing as part of defect resolution to ensure accuracy, integrity, interoperability, and completeness to achieve desired results.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university preferred with a major or emphasis in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of directly related experience as a software engineer
- Minimum of 3 years hands-on development in a .NET environment required
- 3 years of Java experience preferred; Mulesoft experience preferred
Data Management Specific Requirements:
- Good software design instincts and coding style. Familiar with general programming concepts/paradigms.
- Some experience with HTML, XML, JSON, and related technologies.
- Some experience with database design and SQL.
- Good debugging skills.
- Basic understanding of Enterprise Web Services and API connectivity, protocols and best practices for communication and integration between applications.
- Basic understanding of secure coding practices and common attack vectors.
- Ability to analyze existing data repositories to identify and develop data mapping and business rules for data conversions and processing.
- Design large complex data sets and data models that meet functional/nonfunctional requirements.
- Build optimal ETL data pipelines from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and APIs with experience in AWS big data technologies preferred.
- Ability to create tables, views, functions, stored procedures, and SSIS packages for data integration projects.
- Integrate new data management technologies into existing data structures with experience in data virtualization preferred.