Sr. Software Engineer – Fountain Valley, CA
This position will take on a key operational role within the Connected Car System operations program. This individual will have specific responsibilities to lead the design, development, testing and operations of the core Telematics systems. Assess operational and system needs; ensure technical feasibility, estimate implementation effort and order of steps. Lead system analysis, development, testing and operations efforts, including performance engineering and test automation.
- Work closely with Product teams to translate telematics feature specifications/requirements into high-quality, timely deliverables as a strong hands-on technical member in telematics project development activities;
- Provide clear goals for all areas of a project and develop steps to oversee their timely execution.
- Work collaboratively with multiple teams to help deliver end-to-end products and features, seeing them through from conception to delivery.
- Analyze current technology utilized and develop steps and processes to improve and expand upon them.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Operations teams to improve automation of workflows, code testing and deployment.
- Design and implement secure automation solutions for development, testing, and production environments.
- Actively troubleshoot any issues that arise during testing and production, catching and solving issues before launch.
- Test our system integrity, implemented designs, application developments and other processes related to infrastructure, making improvements as needed.
- Provide detailed specifications for proposed solutions including materials, manpower and time necessary.
- Establish, maintain and evolve concepts in continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD) pipelines for existing and new services.
- Increase the sophistication of our alerting and escalation mechanisms.
- Keep up to date on modern technologies and trends and advocate for their inclusion within products when it makes sense.
- Help increase system performance with a focus on high availability and scalability.
- Help define, document, evolve, and evangelize high engineering standards and best practices across multiple areas.
REQUIRED SKILLS, ATTRIBUTES & EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s in Computer Science, Engineering, Software Engineering or a relevant field.
- 10+ years of overall experience in software development, testing and deployment environments.
- 5+ years of strong experience in Java and J2EE technologies
- Strong experience with Linux-based infrastructures, Linux/Unix administration, and AWS.
- Strong experience with databases such as Oracle, MS SQL, MySQL, NoSQL, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redis, Mongo.
- Experience with open-source technologies and cloud services.
- Experience with project management and workflow tools such as Agile, Jira, Scrum/Kanban etc.
- Strong communication skills and ability to explain protocol and processes with team and management.
- 2+ years of experience in a DevOps Engineer role (or similar role); experience in software development and infrastructure development is a plus.
- 4+ years of experience in a leading a module/technical team.
- Stellar troubleshooting skills with the ability to spot issues before they become problems.
- Current with industry trends, IT ops and industry best practices, and able to identify the ones we should implement.
- Time and project management skills, with the capability to prioritize and multitask as needed.
- Solid team player.
- Good amount of knowledge and experience in WebLogic and Tomcat, HTTP Servers deployment and configuration.
- Various Development tools, like Eclipse, SQL developer, Angular, Android, Node tools.
- Knowledge of application monitoring systems like App Dynamics, Dyna trace, Solarwind
- Knowledge of Network/load balance layer and infrastructure