Sr. Software Engineer - Full Stack
Stanley X is Stanley Black & Decker's newly created Innovation businessdedicated to launching and growing exponentially scalable businesses to address customers' needs within our strategic markets.We are buildinga capability within Stanley Black & Decker to identify and seize on new sources of growth. We are a group of innovation & business-building professionals located in Silicon Valley and in Atlanta, GA.
Stanley X is building a Construction Technology platform to bring new digital services, workflow tools, and data transparency to the construction industry. We are looking for a bright Sr. Full stack Engineer to define and own the foundation of the platform and design the architecture to scale it globally.
Today's world of construction accounts for over 10% of the world's GDP, and it's no secret that worker productivity and building complexity are the biggest challenges. As a result, the industry is at an inflection point for disruption. Last year alone, nearly $2B in venture capital were invested across 2,000+ companies in construction technology. Stanley Black & Decker is partnering with contractors and startups to develop new digital products that will increase productivity and on time/on budget performance of construction projects.
As the product'sfounding technical hire
, you will play an integral role in helping the company shape the future of the construction industry.About You
You are a full stack engineer with experience working in agile, lean, high performing teams mandated to deliver digital services or SaaS platforms. Ideally, you've built modern day reactive web platforms, scalable backends in cloud and/or on-premise environments. You have been part of a journey of highly ambiguous start up environment from ground zero to a production deployed platform. As an ideal candidate you -
Your Professional Experience
- Are a Quick learner, self-initiator, doer and results oriented
- Thrive in an environment of honesty, responsibility and accountability
- Feel passionate about the quality and on time delivery of your deliverables
- Understand the importance of prioritization & positive criticism
- Know how to quickly show results while keeping an eye on the bigger vision
- Own the failures with the team and keep their motivation high
As a founding key technical team member for the SaaS platform, you have hands on experience in developing single, multi-page applications. From reactive UI/UX web frameworks development to resilient, high response backend services and from quick CI/CD pipeline to cloud automation, as a diverse engineer you feel comfortable & have experience with them in some capacity. As an ideal candidate you would have following key qualifications -
Nice to have
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3 years of development experience as a Full Stack Developer
- Development experience with OO (and/or functional) programing languages and OOP
- In depth understanding of Data Structures, Algorithms and Distributed systems
- Hands on experience in using cloud SQL, No-SQL and other kinds of distributed data storages
- Deep understanding of latest web technologies, Containerization, Authentication Systems and Protocols; Some hands-on experience in cloud deployment automation and CI/CD tool
- Strong experience in developing single page applications using Relational Databases, SQL and microservices in cloud hosted environment
- Good understanding of System design patterns and experience navigating tradeoffs b/w cost, scale, speed and agility
- Experience in using version control tools and modern reactive web frameworks
- Experience in task estimation and owning end to end deliverables
- Excellent team player, strong communicator, analytical and critical thinker
Things you will do
- Experience in Construction Tech and Additive Manufacturing a plus
- Experience in Big data processing frameworks/technologies such as Apache Spark, S3, HDFS
We are a small and nimble team, so you'll likely get to experience and participate on many projects in various technical capacities. However, you should broadly expect the following set of responsibilities:
Why work with usSolve massive problems for customers
- Actively contribute towards development of our Construction Technology platform and help it scale globally; Help revolutionize Construction industry leveraging cutting edge technological advancements
- UI/UX Development using modern reactive web frameworks
- Develop consumer agnostic, fault tolerant, scalable, highly available service-oriented backend(s)
- Actively contribute in evaluation and adoption of appropriate technology, frameworks
- Write unit tests to ensure quality of your deliverables
- Keep your team unblocked by wearing multiple hats, be it quick help in setting up a raw CI/CD pipeline or a helping hand in Cloud automation, you are a go get it person
- Participate in technical design discussions and efforts estimation
- Establish deep technical understanding about our technology partners and customers
- Ensure success of your pod by contributing to team's deliverables with quality and timely manner
- Develop Data processing platform to process heterogenous data streams, at scale with state of art technologies
We approach problems with a lean startup methodology, focused on in-depth user research and addressing the most critical problems first. We are a technology and innovation team that leads with voice of customer, value-based pricing and strong secondary research and competitive analysis.Visibility to senior leadership
Our team reports directly into the CEO and operate autonomously within the company. In this role you will work closely with Product, Engineering & Innovation Strategy teams.Work with great companies
We work with some of the most innovative companies in construction technology, additive manufacturing and supply chain. Our partners range from Y Combinator startups to multi-billion-dollar unicorns. You'll have unparalleled access to their technologies and freedom to explore new and innovative ways of solving customer problems.About Stanley Black & Decker
For the builders and protectors, for the makers and explorers, for those shaping and reshaping our world through hard work and inspiration, Stanley Black & Decker provides the tools and innovative solutions you can trust to get the job done-and we have since 1843.
We join forces to bring together the best of the best to create practical, meaningful products and services that make life easier-empowering people to do better, safer, more significant work. We define success as: delivering value to our customers, colleagues and communities. Our commitment to quality, safety andsustainabilityhelps us on our path to becoming the type of uniquely human-centered global industrial company that keeps every stakeholder in mind, while helping to make the world better.
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.