Work from home option - approx. 3 days a week permanently.
We are looking for an experienced data warehouse manager to support enterprise data and analytics program on our Dallas team. A successful candidate should have hands-on experience managing the day to day activities within a large scale Enterprise Data Warehouse built on either cloud or on-prem platform.
- Plans, schedules, tracks, and manages data warehouse deliverables, goals, and milestones; prioritize program plans and development resources to meet changing business needs and requirements.
- Identifies and resolves program issues; ensures appropriate communication to program stakeholders.
- Supports project managers in providing the day to day direction; supports the escalation by project managers of functional, quality, and timeline issues and propose corresponding solutions.
- Develops and supports data warehouse performance and quality KPI and dashboards to ensure data load and reporting packages meet the SLA with high data quality.
- Adopts and implements best practices in reporting and analysis including data integrity, analysis, and documentation.
- Work with the VP IT, IT leaders and other executives on key decision making activities during project execution as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or other relevant areas. Advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years data warehouse development experience with 3+ management experience at the manager or above level. Experience and knowledge with healthcare industry highly desired.
- Knowledge of agile methodology
- Experience designing, developing, and supporting the data warehouse and enterprise reporting solutions with various database platforms such as MS SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, Vertica. AWS Redshift experience highly desired.
- Experience administering security in AWS and MS SQL Server.
- Experience troubleshooting common database issues (duplicate keys, inefficient joins/views, DB performance issues)
- Experience with ETL tools such as SSIS, AWS Data Pipeline, Glue, etc.
- Experience with mainstream BI solutions including PowerBI, SSRS, SSAS, Tableau, etc.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and nontechnical stakeholders.
Experience providing technical leadership and mentoring other engineers for best practices on data engineering