CUSTOMER TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST (NEN) (RDTE-22-1043-F):
Bowhead has a job opening for a Desktop Support Technician in Dahlgren, VA.
• Provide customer support and technical assistance to users of a specific organization at the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD).
• Apply diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common failures. Specific support consists of troubleshooting hardware, software, and network related issues.
• Assist users with data migrations whenever the user's system is Tech Refreshed.
• Monitor the organizational mailbox to ensure that all users receive timely support in response to their requests for assistance.
• Provide public folder management support (e.g., permission and administrator roles).
• Provide share drive management including administrative responsibilities, training content managers, and configuration management duties.
• Maintain and develop IT related procedures required to support the organization.
• Provide support to Information Management/Information Technology/and Information Assurance related data calls required of the Department Information Officer (DIO).
• Provide input for the preparation of a monthly progress and status report.
• Requires a minimum of two (2) years of experience.
• Must demonstrate strong troubleshooting skills along with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
• Must demonstrate the ability to multi-task and work with others to resolve IT related issues.
• Requires an understanding of current Microsoft supported Windows operating systems.
• A high level of competency in both written and oral communications skills is strongly desired.
• Must be DoD 8570 IAT level II compliant (e.g., Security+) at time of hire.
• Knowledge in the installation, maintenance, and administration of computer systems in a LAN/WAN environment is a plus; but not required.
• Familiarity with the Department of Defense (DOD) networking and security accreditation processes and procedures is a plus; but not required.
• A working knowledge of Windows Active Directory and current NMCI policies and procedures are strongly desired.
• Intermediate to advanced level skills in Microsoft Office software suite - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of employees and outside contacts.
• Strong interpersonal skills and good judgment with the ability to work alone or as part of a team.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to obtain/maintain a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening In accordance with Executive Order 14042: Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, candidates should be aware that they may be required to have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC's Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant's resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants, based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources for assistance (https://uicalaska.com/careers/recruitment/).
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively, the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies for government contracting.
Bowhead offers competitive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment, short/long-term disability, and 401(k) retirement plans as well as a paid time off programs for eligible full-time employees. Eligible part-time employees are able to participate in the 401(k) retirement plans and state or contract required paid time off programs.
Link to Apply:
#LI-JR1 UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here .The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)