Why you'll love this job
Being a member of the Risk & Data Team, the Application Support Engineer will be providing technical leadership in supporting all of Risk Management applications within DTCC. The role will be executing all aspects of the operating procedures/runbooks within a predefined shift pattern. This role is a technical liaison with development teams, the Enterprise Infrastructure teams and internal business clients to resolve and escalate technical support incidents where necessary. Your Primary Responsibilities
Talents Needed for Success:
- Will apply broad and deep knowledge to support key initiatives, as well as operational tasks to maintain the integrity of the EAS Department.
- Support Risk Management applications by providing proactive monitoring, application, and system support for DTCC 's production application services client facing environments.
- Provide 24x7 support for event monitoring, incident triage and escalation.
- Provide technical leadership to support teams on a shift basis, handling any activity for any region within the local time zone
- Identify and implement efficiencies and improvements to standard processes and procedures such as automation through scripting, programming, etc. Assist with key projects by executing task deliverables and ensuring permit-to-operate (PTO) guidelines are met.
- Effectively complete complex projects and installations within aggressive time frames and budget parameters.
- Develop and produce timely metrics based on the required management platforms.
- May provide on-going support of the participant test environment (PSE), as well as production environment
- Provide support for change management approval, execution for DTCC's production application services
- Client support team engagement to assist with application related incidents, client testing and integrations
- Disaster recovery test planning and execution - application environment review, shutdown, start, verification, troubleshooting
- Access administration for application access to DTCC's production application services
- Support management of resources that are involved in maintaining the host operating system on UNIX, VMware and Windows servers as well as software subsystems such as databases, web server software, LDAP, and security subsystems.
- Leads global and distributed teams and collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Ability to coach, mentor and assist staff develop their architecture and technical skills and provides regular coaching and feedback to facilitate employee growth and development
Who We Are:
- College Degree in Computer Science or Engineering preferred
- IT Certifications - CISSP, Linux, CompTIA, OCP, etc.
- ITIL certification is a plus but not required
- 10+ years 'experience in application production support role, including 2+ years technical leadership experience
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.
- Expertise of system administration - system configuration management, resource sharing, operating system fundamentals
- Extensive experience with application support - basic programming skills, log reading and analysis
- Strong understanding of different technologies and applications:
- Programming and scripting - ability to establish automation, write scripts (Perl, Python, Chef, Puppet) or implement system solutions
- Database - Oracle, SQL Server, DB2
- Middleware technologies - WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere MQ, Java, JRE
- Gemfire in memory Cache technology
- Informatica Data quality and Data hub
- Cloud Computing - AWS, CloudWatch, Cloud Formation
- Proven programming, and debugging skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- General knowledge of industry principles and modern technologies like cloud computing, virtualization, etc.
- Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, high demand environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Team player willing to both give and receive constructive feedback from the team and other groups, as needed
- Demonstrates efficient time Management and multi-tasking capabilities
- Anticipates trends and developments in client situation which could present strategic opportunities or threats
- Executive presence - ability to communicate effectively with levels of Senior Management
DTCC is the heart of the post-trade market infrastructure for the global financial services industry. From 21 locations all over the world, DTCC, through its subsidiaries, automates, centralizes and standardizes the processing of financial transactions, mitigating risk, increasing transparency and driving efficiency for thousands of broker/dealers, custodian banks and asset managers. In 2020, DTCC's subsidiaries processed securities transactions valued at more than U.S. $2.3 quadrillion.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation. About Us About DTCC
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry's needs and we're working to continually improve the world's most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
DTCC proudly supports Flexible Work Arrangements favoring openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you'll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It's the chance to make a difference at a company that's truly one of a kind.