The Proposal Writer will help to support our new market entry team. Candidates should have an understanding of proposal writing but would consider grant or RFP or technical writing experience. The position will be fully remote.
Your career starts now. We're looking for the next generation of health care leaders.
At AmeriHealth Caritas, we're passionate about helping people get care, stay well and build healthy communities. As one of the nation's leaders in health care solutions, we offer our associates the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of people through our national footprint of products, services and award-winning programs. AmeriHealth Caritas is seeking talented, passionate individuals to join our team. Together we can build healthier communities. If you want to make a difference, we'd like to hear from you.
Headquartered in Philadelphia, AmeriHealth Caritas is a mission-driven organization with more than 30 years of experience. We deliver comprehensive, outcomes-driven care to those who need it most. We offer integrated managed care products, pharmaceutical benefit management and specialty pharmacy services, behavioral health services, and other administrative services. Discover more about us at www.amerihealthcaritas.com
. This position is eligible for a $3,500 sign-on bonus Responsibilities:
Working in concert with other Corporate Development team members, subject matter experts, and functional leaders, the Writer, Proposal Development creates high-quality, consistent, and compliant responses to nationwide managed care health insurance opportunities. This position partners with key leaders to gather data and to identify solutions that address content or capability gaps. Using the data collected, the writer translates highly technical information into compelling prose that meets the needs of government customers and complies with contract requirements.
Specifically, the Proposal Developer is responsible for:
- Reviewing and interpreting RFP information including statements of work (SOW) and submission requirements to identify business requirements and information needed for competitive responses.
- Identifying and gathering content and information from multiple sources, including past proposal submissions, policies & procedures, other organizational materials, and assisting in market research and competitive analysis activities, as needed.
- Reviewing available materials to identify needed content and gaps. Preparing and conducting interviews with internal stakeholders, consultants, and subject matter experts (SME) to confirm response approach and obtain content. Using strategic understanding of company and opportunity to suggest features, benefits, and value propositions to be included in assigned responses and assist in resolving content gaps.
- Developing narrative responses that are compliant, competitive, compelling, and customer-focused, and that fully incorporate appropriate SOW elements, contract requirements, and key messaging/themes, and comply with prescribed style.
- Coordinating and managing assigned responses to ensure information is collected from SMEs and assimilated into the response to meet established deadlines-including creating personal timelines and SME deadlines. Identifying and communicating issues that risk completion of assigned sections in a timely and complete manner compliant with the project schedule.
- Revising assigned responses using feedback from various review sessions.
- Supporting the final production of RFX-response documents as directed by Proposal Management, which may include editing, formatting, PDF-conversion, printing, and binder assembly.
- Contributing to ongoing development and maintenance of proposal development ongoing process improvement efforts to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and quality of external-facing deliverables.
- Adhering to and reinforcing proposal development processes, templates, guidelines, and deadlines.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Preferred majors include the following: journalism, communications, English, health care administration, or public health.
- Minimum of 2 years' working knowledge of the Medicaid, Medicare, health insurance, or public health industry preferred.
- 3+ years of proposal development, technical writing, or business analysis experience, preferably with large, complex RFPs in a highly regulated environment (e.g. state or government programs) or with large, complex systems/process initiatives where information gathering and synthesis of data is required.
- Knowledge of proposal best practices and state/federal procurement rules & restrictions. Shipley training/certification and knowledge of the public health/health insurance industry highly desired.
- Experience collaborating among various teams, including all levels of staff and management, to develop high-quality proposal responses.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to effectively interview technical experts and build understanding between multiple parties
- Excellent writing skills in both technical and marketing disciplines, including strong ability to effectively organize ideas and synthesize large amounts of data, as well as demonstrated analytical skills ensure compliance with business and/or contract requirements.
- Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment, sometimes with irregular hours, as needed to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to work with limited supervision, manage ambiguity, make sound decisions, proactively solve problems, and self-manage time.
- Expert user of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Microsoft SharePoint, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Travel may be required.
Share Apply Now