SHIFT: Day Job
Your Talent. Our Vision. At Anthem, Inc.,
it's a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which we're creating greater access to care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care
. This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health care companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Location: Candidates considered for this position must reside near one of the following office locations.
- Mason, OH
- Albany, NY
- Houston, TX
- Indianapolis, IN
- Las Vegas, NV
- Miami, FL
- Middletown, NY
- Midland, GA
- Richmond, VA
- Tampa, FL
- Virginia Beach, VA
IT Quality Control Advisor develops testing strategy and master test plan to support testing objectives. Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Manages the relationship with peer in IT and business for system(s) supported.
- Leads and coordinates all testing within a system area and across multiple dependent systems.
- Performs testing when needed with the readiness to understand the application and be engaged in hands on testing execution while also providing guidance to the testing team.
- Plays a leadership role in the design, development, and implementation of testing components.
- Defines appropriate testing methods to employ to assure developed product conforms to acceptance criteria set for user stories and design.
- Provides mentoring to the testing team and application support groups regarding quality and testing.
- Reviews and approves all project related test assets for completeness and quality.
- Ensures all applicable SDLC and testing processes are followed.
- Provides required testing leadership and oversight on various agile projects
- Manages both onshore and offshore test execution resources for projects under test.
- Provides direction in identifying test automation need of functional and regression suite and driving required automation effort, while engaging in the scripting and execution of automated suite using automation tools such as Selenium.
- Manages communication and relationship across a diverse team of tester, developer, and Business in a very fast pace platform and environment
- Manages testing risks and issues and proactively developing contingency plan as appropriate
- Identifies, creates, and executes the appropriate test assets (plans, cases, scripts, and metrics) to assure the developed application conforms to acceptance criteria set from user stories and design.
- Coordinates and executes relevant functional and regression testing.
- Coordinates, identifies, and executes test cases while reviewing defects towards assessing application quality.
- Triages defects to determine severity, impact, and communicates effectively to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Collects testing metrics, reports status as defined in test plan with supporting data.
- Requires Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems; minimum of 5 years of testing and product quality experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Demonstrated ability to manage testing efforts for a fast paced product application and dependent systems with hands-on testing experience and ability to review user stories towards developing appropriate test cases while ensuring adequate coverage of acceptance criteria is required.
- Knowledge of healthcare systems and experience testing health care insurance products and systems is required.
- Hands on technical and back-end testing experience with strong background in database and SQL concepts with experience developing and running complex SQL queries for data validation is required.
- Test automation experience using automation testing tools like Selenium.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills, with attention to details, and excellent verbal and written communication skills is required.
- Strong knowledge of agile methodology and testing experience in agile environment.
- Testing experience in health care insurance domain with knowledge of health care insurance products, systems and benefits preferably in documentation testing where the configuration of statutory documents are validated to ensure accuracy of cost shares values, business rules, and that templates are in the required format with the right texts, fonts, and line spacing is preferred.
- Hands on technical and back-end testing experience with SQL, JSONS files, and batch validation testing with UNIX, Hadoop, and HBASE knowledge is required.
- Minimum 4 years of Test Automation exposure such as scripting and executing automated suites preferably using Selenium tool is required.
- Minimum 4 years of experience using agile software development methodologies and testing in agile environment is required.
- Quality Certification, such as CSTE, CSQA, CMST, and CSQE is an asset.
- Agile Certification, such as SAFe Practitioner (SP), etc is an asset.
- Experience using Atlassian tools like JIRA, Confluence, and MS SharePoint is an asset.
We offer a range of market-competitive total rewards that include merit increases, paid holidays, Paid Time Off, and incentive bonus programs (unless covered by a collective bargaining agreement), medical, dental, vision, short and long term disability benefits, 401(k) +match, stock purchase plan, life insurance, wellness programs and financial education resources, to name a few.
Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, is ranked as one of the 2020 World's Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 America's Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.