Manager EngineeringLocation: Salt Lake City, UT
The Manager of Engineering is an energetic, passionate software leader who thrives on successfully releasing products to the market. This is achieved by demonstrating leadership behaviors consistent with CXone's 4E leadership model. In addition, the Manager of Engineering will participate in the evolution of CXone standards, tools and methodologies and support improved Cxone technology standards and strategy. The primary responsibility of this position is to lead the growth, quality and efficiency of an Engineering team while also developing team members into great leaders of behavior as well as results.
The Manager of Engineering is responsible for developing and managing an Engineering team, and will be measured based on performance against both short term and long term goals.Financial Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper levels of staffing to accomplish corporate goals with minimal overhead
- Tracking and reporting software capitalization
- Ensure standards and practices used by Engineers are industry best practice and meet security and compliance needs of the company
- Ensure that Engineers do not infringe on patents or trademarks
- Provides leadership in design, delivery, and support of CXone software and platforms
- Provides leadership in management and leadership behaviors including senior level communication skills and abilities consistent with the CXone 4E leadership model
- Govern programs, policies and procedures that assure consistent and replicable development methods
- Govern the set of policies that establish standard development languages, tools, and methodology; documentation practices; and examination procedures for developed systems to insure alignment with overall architecture.
- Participate in project scope, schedule and cost reviews.
- Understand product capabilities and limitations.
- Identify and implement ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness.
- Responsible for new product software development and quality.
- Maintenance of software/bug fixes.
- Release scheduling.
- Keeps abreast of new technologies and has demonstrated knowledge and experience in various technologies.
- Prepare and submit weekly project status reports; prepare monthly reports outlining team assignments and/or changes, project status changes, and forecasts project timelines.
- Provide leadership to individuals on team(s) through coaching, feedback, development goals, and performance management.
- Prioritize employee career development in an effort to grow CXone's internal pipeline of leadership talent
- Prioritize, assign and manage department activities and projects in accordance with the department's goals and objectives.
- Adjust hours of work, priorities and staff assignments to ensure efficient operation, based on workload.
- Follow the company Code of Ethics and CXone policies and procedures at all times.
- Communicate in an effective and professional way with customers in and outside of CXone.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employees will also perform other reasonable related business duties as assigned by immediate supervisor and other management as required.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.Required Education, Experience, and Specific Job Related SkillsEducation Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Information Systems or related field or equivalent work experience required.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or Business Management preferred.
- Relevant certifications also preferred among other indications of someone who values continuing education.
- 8+ years of individual contributor software development experience.
- 8+ years experience "living" with various operating systems, development tools and development methodologies including Java, C#, Scala, Python, NodeJS among many modern horizontal scaling technologies available from AWS, Azure, Apache among others.
- Idea generation and creativity in this position are a must, as are the ability to work with deadlines, manage and complete projects on time and within budget.
- Proven history of delivering on deadlines/releases without compromising quality.
- Mastery of engineering concepts and core technologies: development models, programming languages, databases, testing, and documentation.
- Development experience with Web Services and related technologies.
- Experience with Agile software development and SCRUM methodologies.
- Proven track record of delivering high quality software products.
- A solid engineering foundation indicated by a demonstrated understanding of product design, life cycle, software development practices, and support services.
- Understanding of standard engineering processes and software development methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
ABOUT NICE CXone:
- Experience building horizontally scalable solutions leveraging containers, microservices, Big Data technologies among other related technologies.
- Experience working with graphical user experience and user interface design.
- Experience working with object-oriented software development, web services, web development or other similar technical products.
- Experience with telephony, networking, hosted applications, or other similar technical products.
- Telecommunications experience with IVR applications or telephony apps.
- Experience with user acceptance testing, regression testing and integration testing.
- Experience working on open source software projects for Apache and other great open source software organizations. Demonstrable experience training and leading teams as a great people leader.
NICE CXone makes it easy and affordable for organizations around the globe to provide exceptional customer experiences while meeting key business metrics. NICE CXone provides the world's #1 cloud customer experience platform, NICE CXone™, combining best-in-class Omnichannel Routing, Workforce Optimization, Analytics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence on an Open Cloud Foundation. NICE CXone is a part of NICE (Nasdaq: NICE), the worldwide leading provider of both cloud and on-premises enterprise software solutions.