At DISH Wireless, we reimagine connectivity through new platforms, new business models and new ways of thinking.
Today, we are building America's first cloud-native 5G network to transform the way we live, work and play with unlimited potential. Our teams operate at the intersection of wireless, data analytics, AI and the cloud to create something state-of-the-art, radically original and truly unlike what anyone else can.What you will be doing
DISH Wireless is seeking Data Center Engineers with strong infrastructure engineering technical skills to help build our 5G Network. These individuals will be experienced in the design and operational support of critical systems as part of our Data Center Engineering Team.
Our Data Centers are the foundation upon which our 5G infrastructure efficiently operates, and our innovative services delivered. The Data Center Engineering Team will be responsible for design, retrofit and upgrade projects, ensuring our highly reliable environment is guaranteed. The ideal candidate will be able to work broadly; leading critical projects cross-functionally, as well as work independently, leading deep dives and expert analyses.This role is a key, strategic part of our business, and presents an opportunity to implement and optimize the latest networking solutions. This role reports to the Sr. Manager, Data Center Facilities, and may require travel.
Day-to-day job responsibilities:
- Lead complex systems engineering projects and initiatives including working cross-functionally with Network & System Teams, construction, field operations, vendors, and Technology Development.
- Travel to data center sites to lead or support engineering studies, systems audits industry standards, startup testing, and full commissioning. Conduct data center audits of electrical systems, and lead improvements.
- Transform and build data centers employing standards and best practices for power, HVAC, Networking system. Hardware monitoring, commissioning and de-commissioning server/storage/network hardware.
- Prepare data center specifications and design criteria for retrofits, and provide input on future data center design reviews. Manage and report on all aspects (capacity, space, power, assets, etc.) of the data center using DCIM tool.
- Physically troubleshoot network components in network infrastructure including routers, switches, console servers, and optical data center equipment. Review and develop detailed scripts for change management request (CMR) activities.
- Manage data center capacity for data center space, power, and network cable infrastructure. Work with server, storage, and network teams to do initial device installation and configure remote management access. Participate in equipment failure and power outage incidents, drive Root-Cause-Analysis (RCA), and implement solutions broadly across all regions.
- Develop and review design standards, specifications, and method of procedures (MOP), for consistency and maximum system reliability. Evaluate data center commissioning scripts and participate in commissioning activities (Integrated System Test) for new and retrofitted data centers.
- Design, plan, and implement complex Data Center and public cloud network configurations AWS
#LI-RO2 #DICE_RO Skills and experience
- Bachelor's or Graduate degree in an engineering or technical discipline (mechanical, electrical, or controls), or 5-7 years of experience in one of these disciplines.
- Solid understanding of the OSI model, routing and switching protocols, network security, IPv4 and IPv6 networking, subnetting, and operational experience with AWS
- Experience with data centers and/or operations of mission critical data centers
- Experience with standard Data Center equipment to include: electrical distribution equipment, low voltage power and molded case circuit breakers, overhead IT busway, air handling units, water treatment equipment, controls and monitoring, and hot aisle containment accessories.
- Professional networking certifications CCNA/CCNP is a plus
- Experience in load management at the operations level within data centers.
- Design and engineering of effective and scalable network systems and solutions. Troubleshooting and Networking experience.
Compensation: $85,905.00/Year - $136,190.00/Year
From versatile health perks to new career opportunities, check out our benefits on our careers website.
Employment is contingent on Successful completion of a pre-employment screen, which may include a drug test.