Centizen Inc, Global agile IT solutions and consulting firm focused in delivering scalable solutions to address complex business problems. We provide above market salaries and benefits so that we have a lower turnover rate. Please visit our website to see all our open positions(20+) in PM, QA, BSA, SAP, Analytics, Java developers etc.
Position: Technical Writer (Software/API)
Visa sponsorship: H1b, OPT, CPT sponsorship provided for the suitable candidates
Rate : Open Negotiable for the right candidate
Duration: Full Time
The Software Development/ Engineering Technical Writer will use technical knowledge to develop internal and external documentation. Responsibilities will include data collection, collaboration across teams, writing, layout and publication. This role works proactively to capture and document knowledge; create guides, release notes and documentation. Position requires excellent verbal and written communication, strong time management, technical knowledge and organizational skills and refined attention to detail. The Technical Writer must also be a problem solver, comfortable working independently and have strong time and project management skills.
- Create and maintain articles that document current systems and process (mostly from tribal knowledge).
- Collaborate with internal and external customers; as well as, developers, project managers, and team leads to translate user stories into user documents, release notes, technical documentation, integration product information, and other types of documentation as needed.
- Publish documentation and articles for internal and external customers. Maintain database and archive of documents.
- Work with Marketing and Training Specialists to determine overall technical information strategy and assignments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- College degree in technical writing or equivalent experience.
- 5+years technical writing in a software development environment.
- Some familiarity with accounting or payment industry and experience in creating the role of technical writing function preferred.
- Advanced computer skills required, including high level knowledge of Microsoft Office and experience with current publishing options
- Experience documenting Web APIs required
WORK SCOPE AND CONTEXT
- Job is focused on specific area of business with few established practices and procedures. Must work with operational timeframes and be flexible to changing priorities.
- Decisions are made within developing operational guidelines. Decisions affect department, other operational areas and customers or suppliers. Position has a direct effect on utilization, service and knowledge.
- Job has no supervisory responsibility. Work is guided.
- Contacts are made both inside and outside the organization. Internal contacts include the Operations, Software Development, Product and Project Management teams, leads and managers. External contacts include customers, partners and their suppliers.
- Position requires regular contact with others - in meetings, by phone or by email. Interactions focus on problem solving, customer service and information exchange. Interactions are initiated both phone or email and focus on inbound/outbound contact. Headsets are used regularly for phone work.
- Information exchange may include confidential or sensitive information. Data, knowledge transfer and service are primary objectives of this position.
- Normal office working conditions. Work requires regular sitting/standing at a desk, working with a computer and a telephone. Job may require hours that exceed 8 hours per day and 40 hours per week during peak periods.
To Apply: Please send us your resume, Visa Status, Availability, your requested bill rate, Skype Id to
There are many advantages for IT professionals like yourself to work with Centizen. These include:
- We enjoy approved IT vendor status with several leading companies in the Pacific Northwest and continually grow our list of approved vendor status with additional companies.
- We are an ethical company with integrity and a dedication to delivering high results for our clients.
- We are fair and honest in all of our business dealings with our consultants and clients
- We pay top scale hourly rates based on your credentials, experience and market demand for your skill sets
- We can offer other related benefits as needed and customized to your situation
- We can work with you to help you achieve your career growth and goals
- We offer immediate H1B transfer. Immediate Those authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship are encouraged to apply. processing with PERM for the right candidates.
Please follow us on:
Open Positions- http://www.careers.centizen.com/
Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/Centizen
We are always looking to network, so if you are in the market or just interested in hearing about future opportunities, please send us a current resume along with your hourly compensation requirements. If you would like to be added to our linked in professional network, go to our LinkedIn profile at http:// www.linkedin.com/in/leema