April 8, 2021
Software Engineer II
Job Description Job Title:
Software Engineer II Location:
Portland, ORAbout this Role:
Comscore is a data company. We collect and process trillions of data events each day, have 10s of petabytes of data online and each month our systems read and process nearly an exabyte. We analyze the media consumption behaviors of millions of consumers across the world, including online activity, television viewership, product purchases, and demographics all with an eye towards consumer privacy and data governance. Our clients include major internet companies, movie studios, television networks, manufacturers, advertising agencies, and anyone who wants to use our data and expertise to increase their marketing efficiency.
The Software Engineer II as part of the Linear Technology Team delivers solutions to internal and external customers. This includes the design, modification, development and implementation of software programming applications. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected, as well as an understanding of business needs and requirements. This team is involved in projects across a wide variety of languages and technologies, including Angular, NodeJS, Java, Python, Perl, C++, SQL, and AWS.What You'll Do:
What You'll Need:
- Work with stakeholders to understand problem statements and suggest possible implementations
- Work on and occasionally design complex software systems with performance, usability, maintainability, scalability, extensibility, and security in mind
- Analyze complex problems and develop creative solutions; evaluate alternative options during design; break systems down into their sub-components for easier understanding and ongoing development
- Provide estimates and expected impacts of changes or enhancements, working to align development approach with business target dates
- Demonstrate personal ownership and take accountability for larger assigned tasks
- Work independently and proactively
- Create high quality, maintainable code, promoting good coding practices
- Communicate clearly in writing, and with both stakeholders and management
- Consistently deliver tasks on time
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area preferred, as well as 3 or more years of experience in enterprise software development
- Strong coding skills with an eye for efficient solutions
- A passion for technology and software engineering, and a desire to use new technology and to innovate
- Experience in the design, development, and release of enterprise-scale applications
- Experience with one or more of the following: Angular, Java, Python, Perl, AWS, and PostgreSQL
- Experience with large data sets utilizing SQL based databases is desired
- Experience with Web API best practices, performance, and scaling issues is desired
- Experience with distributed systems is desired
At Comscore, we're pioneering the future of cross-platform media measurement, arming organizations with the insights they need to make decisions with confidence. Central to this aim are our people who work together to simplify the complex on behalf of our clients & partners. Though our roles and skills are varied, we're united by our commitment to five underlying values: Integrity, Velocity, Accountability, Teamwork, and Servant Leadership. If you're motivated by big challenges and interested in helping some of the largest and most important media properties and brands navigate the future of media, we'd love to hear from you.
Comscore (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a trusted partner for planning, transacting and evaluating media across platforms. With a data footprint that combines digital, linear TV, over-the-top and theatrical viewership intelligence with advanced audience insights, Comscore allows media buyers and sellers to quantify their multiscreen behavior and make business decisions with confidence. A proven leader in measuring digital and set-top box audiences and advertising at scale, Comscore is the industry's emerging, third-party source for reliable and comprehensive cross-platform measurement. To learn more about Comscore, please visit Comscore.com. EEO Statement:
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
To comply with federal law, Comscore participates in E-Verify. Successful candidates must pass the E-Verify process after hire.