Are you passionate about open source? Do you want to make app development better for millions of native mobile developers? This is a unique opportunity to join us and lead an Amplify Framework engineering team. The Amplify Framework (https://docs.amplify.aws) was launched in November 2017 and has quickly gained popularity within the industry. Adoption and usage of the framework has also grown rapidly but it is still Day 1 for the team and for our product with an extensive set of new capabilities scheduled for delivery in 2022.
The Amplify Framework is a collection of open source libraries and tools that enable developers to create mobile and web apps on AWS. Amplify codifies best practices through programmatic interfaces to help developers effortlessly interact with AWS services. Take a look at our open source repository for more information: https://github.com/aws-amplify/amplify-android.
Key job responsibilities
You will be responsible for developing the Android Amplify SDK that helps eliminate the friction and complexity of wiring up Android app to AWS services. Our mission is to make it easy for Mobile App Developers to get up and running quickly using AWS services even if they are unfamiliar with them, so they can focus on building great innovative experiences for their customers.
We are looking for an Android developer who is passionate about creating software for other developers and has a strong track record of successfully delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, initiative, and strong communication skills are a must. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building scalable software products. This person thrives on delivering high quality technology solutions in an environment where priorities shift fast to meet the changing needs of our customers.
As a member of the team, you will:
* Work closely with the product team and other AWS teams to deliver on the team's technical vision
* Influence technical strategy to build products developers will love
* Drive team discussions on system architecture and component design
* Lead development and launch of core features and products
* Participate in all stages of the software development cycle, including design and development of significant new architectural systems and improvements
* Participate in estimation and sprint planning
About the team
The team is comprised of very seasoned Android developers from various backgrounds inside and outside of Amazon. We believe in a tight knit collaborative team that is respectful and always learns from each other. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the system design or architecture (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
- 3+ years professional experience in software development
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, complexity analysis, object-oriented design, and design patterns
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, Swift, Objective-C, or C++
- Working knowledge in at least one of the following platforms: iOS, Android, React Native, Unity, or Xamarin
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.