CGS Business Solutions is committed to helping you, as an esteemed IT Professional, find the next right step in your career. We match professionals like you to rewarding consulting or full-time opportunities in your area of expertise. We are currently seeking Technical Professionals who are searching for challenging and rewarding jobs for the following opportunity:
CGS is currently accepting resumes for a Senior Product Owner that will increase the profitability of existing software products and develop new software products. This position is responsible for building products from existing ideas, and helping to develop new ideas based on industry experience and your contact with clients and prospective clients. The ideal candidate will have software system implementation, development and business experience enhancing and launching these products.
- Develop and implement a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute. Ensure that capabilities, products or sites deliver an optimal user experience, conform to the product requirements, are released on time, meet product quality standards and have passed client or business acceptance.
- Assist in product promotion by contributing to the development and implementation of collateral such as presentations, product briefs, newsletters, whitepapers, press releases, and corporate intranet materials.
- Define documents and articulate business and product requirements for new products and major enhancements and work closely with the technology and operations teams to determine detailed plans for product implementation, quality assurance and ongoing operations.
- Ensure regulatory demands are understood and translated into the product line.
- Act as key product expert and serve as a voice to project the expectations of clients on new or already existing products.
- Highlight product features in a manner clearly understandable to the development team.
- Manage and develop product backlog, as well as user stories backlog for implementation.
- Attend sprint planning and demo meetings to give feedback on sprint achievement, as well as to scrum team.
- Identify critical path issues, manage resolution of key issues and bottlenecks, and document state of development process utilizing company information management platform
- Establish a plan/schedule for product release(s) and report regularly on performance on established goals.
- Contact customers and end users to obtain information on expected product features.
- Analyze customer opinions and feedback to determine features or components that will add good value to a product and advise management on desired future feature sets.
- Participate in agile conferences and study relevant scrum material to update job knowledge/skill.
- Assess product value stream to identify areas that require improvements.
- Measure product performance as well as value delivered to clients in order to make adjustments where necessary.
Additional Skills and Requirements:
- 5 - 10 years of success in prior product development role.
- Experience gathering and refining product solution requirements is required.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects to critical timelines in a fast- paced environment
- Strong planning skills with demonstrated ability to drive initiatives with little supervision while communicating status to key stakeholders.
- Business management or related training and certification as a professional scrum product owner (PSPO), certified scrum product owner (CSPO), or project management professional certification (PMP) is a plus.
CGS specializes in IT business solutions, staffing and consulting services. With a strong focus in IT Applications, Network Infrastructure, Information Security, and Engineering. CGS is an INC 5000 company and is honored to be selected as one of the Best IT Recruitment Firms in California. Voted one of the Best Places to Work in Orange County, after consecutive Fastest Growing Company titles. CGS continues to break into new markets across the USA. Companies are counting on CGS to attract and help retain these resource pools in order to gain a competitive advantage in rapidly changing business environments.