Job#: 1260274 Job Description: Network Engineer
Position is based in based in Bellevue, NE. Must be within a commutable distance from the base.Must hold, at minimum, active/current DoD Secret clearance. With the ability to obtain Top Secret. Must be US Citizen.Essential Job Functions:
Candidate must be able to:
- Provides ongoing network support, addresses availability issues, overcomes performance problems and provides overall level 3 support. Installs, maintains and coordinates the use of network systems.
- Designs and plans network communications systems.
- Evaluates hardware and software and peripheral equipment for large, complex networks.
- Manages network performance, diagnoses performance problems and undertakes tuning activities to ensure network performance meets SLA requirements.
- Provides specifications and detailed schematics for network architecture.
- Troubleshoots and resolves problems to ensure quality transmission service on the network.
- Reports on overall network performance including frequent problems, underlying issues and plans to improve network availability, performance and problem resolution.
- Advises customer of hardware requirements, configurations, and limitations.
- Maintains and updates system security plans on all platforms.
- Implements and coordinates network policies, procedures and standards.
- Maintains technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnections and interfaces.
- Plans implementation of enhancements and upgrades to the network.
- Evaluates and reports on new communications technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
- When applicable, report to work during non-business hours for emergency situations, working independently for extended durations
- Perform product evaluations and recommendation of products/services to improve network performance, redundancy, and resiliency
- Provide technical guidance for directing and monitoring information systems operations
- Perform advanced troubleshooting of network performance issues through analysis of network traffic
- Monitor and respond to complex technical control facility hardware and software problems. Interface with vendor support service groups to ensure proper escalation during outages or periods of degraded system performance
- Conduct cost/benefit analysis and provide specific detailed information for hardware and software selection, implementation techniques and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements
- Devise and direct routine testing and perform analysis of all elements of the network facilities (including power, software, communications machinery, lines, modems, and terminals)
- Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing software and hardware tools to identify and diagnose complex problems and factors affecting network performance
- Operate, maintain, and administer network components to meet operational, availability, and mission requirements
- Devise work instructions or standard operating procedures for newly installed or changed network systems
- Perform escort duties to sensitive areas and provide infrastructure support
- Complete electronic documentation of all work completed
- 5-7 years in a related position with BS/BA in Cybersecurity, Computer systems or related field; Or MS with 3-5 years or PhD with 0-2 years
- DoD 8570 CSSP Infrastructure Support (CEH, CySA+, GICSP, SSCP, CHFI, CFR, Cloud+, CND) within 150 days of hire
- One of the following:
- CompTIA Network+
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Cisco Certified CyberOps Associate
- Juniper Network Certified Internet Associate (JNCIA) - Junos
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNP) - Enterprise, Data Center or Security
- Cisco Certified CyberOps Professional
- Cisco Certified Devnet Associate
- Juniper Networks Certified Internet Specialist/Professional (JNCIS/P)
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at email@example.com