Our client is currently in search of qualified Software Developer to join their team for a paritally on-site position in Kent, WA.
Our client is the world's leading supplier in the horizontal directional drilling (HDD) industry. This global innovative company is comprised of smart, committed, and fun people who are dedicated to making their customers more efficient and profitable. They are dog-friendly and use large live plants to separate the different areas which adds to the ambiance, gives energy, and fuels creativity. They provide an open, supportive, collaborative, and fun workplace. Their benefits are unparallel 99% of health care is completely covered no premiums or deductibles! While mostly remote today, this role will be a hybrid of collaborating from home and at the office.
Their products solve real-world problems in the Horizontal Drilling Industry and are used by real customers. As such, the candidate will be responsible for writing production-level code. The ideal candidate has a proven track record of extraordinary problem-solving skills and embraces mentoring others. Our client offers a highly collaborative work environment with a very challenging domain problem.
As a Software Developer, candidate will first be responsible for contributing to the development of both webservices and desktop application using the latest .NET Core technologies. Afterwards, candidate will be exposed to all parts of the product eco-systems on a variety of stacks where only high quality, object-oriented coding practices are accepted. Our client does not sacrifice product quality for schedules.
* Self-driven, results oriented developer who strives to write clean, modular, and well commented code without taking short-cuts and drives their software through the 'final 10%' to take a product to market.
* Willingness to work on a team and can work in a fluid, highly collaborative environment.
* Work effectively as a member in our Scrum Agile process.
* Contribute to the development of both ASP.Net webservices and UWP / WPF desktop applications.
* Develop software as per established Product Development Life Cycle processes.
* Peer-reviews of designs, implementations (code) & documentations.
* Communicate effectively.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering from an accredited university or 4 years equivalent experience.
* 2+ years recent .NET development experience.
* Experience with C#.
* Experience developing UWP, WPF, Xamarin, and / or ASP.NET applications.
* Experience doing Unit Testing / TDD with an expectation of high code coverage.
* Understanding of design pattern principles like MVC, MVVM.
* Understanding and experience with software design and architecture patterns.
* Ability to architect efficient and reusable software abstractions.
* Experience with the asynchronous programming model.
* Knowledge of Agile software development processes.
* Experience with Confluence and Jira.
* Excellent attention to detail.
Work hard, play often... Our client's open (forest-like) work environment creates free flowing conversations across all functions. They have gaming days; Lego challenges and ping pong matches to build on creativity when one hits a roadblock. If that is not enough, employees bring their four-legged companions (dogs) to work and can take them for a walk around the Green River trail.
They take pride in caring a lot about their employees. They believe that employees should not be burdened with benefits expenses, so they provide lucrative health care plans unmatched in most other companies. They also like to eat and find any excuse to celebrate the most random holidays (Pi Day, Chocolate Ice Cream Day, etc.) They have monthly catered lunches, a fully stocked snack area, sporting tickets, wellness competitions, and most importantly a team of people who will tell you that this is the best place they've ever worked. This is evident by their long service team and low turnover.
Full COVID-19 vaccination may be required.
W2 only, no Corp to Corp. We are unable to sponsor H1B visas at this time. **eXcell Supports Equal Employment Opportunity** eXcell , a division of CompuCom Systems, Inc., a global company headquartered in Bellevue, Washington, provides IT staffing services and solutions to Fortune 1000 companies as well as small and medium business. For more information, visit www.excell.com.